S/T: 3/04 - Sox vs. Oakland - 2pm - Broadway vs. Eveland

scenario

White Sox's lineup at Phoenix includes younger Danks

PHOENIX, Ariz. - The White Sox sent a well-represented split squad to Phoenix to play Wednesday against Oakland.

Wednesday's lineup has a twist, as Jordan Danks, the 6-foot-5 younger brother of Sox left-hander John Danks, will start in center field.

Danks, 22, batted .325 (13-for-40) with two home runs and seven RBIs in 10 games with Class-A Kannapolis shortly after singing last August. he batted .303 in 53 at-bats for the Peoria Saguaros of the Arizona Fall League.

Here's are Wednesday's lineups:

WHITE SOX

Lillibridge 2b

Ramirez ss

Quentin lf

Thome dh

Viciedo 3b

Anderson rf

Allen 1b

Danks cf

Stewart c

Broadway p

OAKLAND

Buck rf

Cunningham lf

Sweeney cf

Chavez dh

Powell c

Carter 1b

Hannahan 3b

Cardenas 2b

Petit ss

Eveland p

Edited by scenario

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Mar 4, 2009 -> 01:48 PM)
Anyone know the lineup for tonight's game?

Haven't seen it yet, but the scheduled pitchers tonight are:

Danks (starting)

Van Benschoten

Poreda

Wasserman

Nunez

Link

Harrell

German

Edited by scenario

Too bad there's no Score broadcast. It would have been interesting to see if anyone was able to get an interview with Orlando Cabrera. Doubt that would be granted to any of the Chicago media.

Lots of ex-Sox in the A's line-up as well, with Cunningham and Carter...no Gio Gonzalez yet, though.

Interesting to see Alexei Ramirez hitting 2nd. We'll see what Danks can do in CF. I think it's actually more interesting to hear the visiting radio sometimes because they're a lot more objective about Sox players.

Lillibridge hit the ball hard off the pitcher (bad luck) and it went to the 3b apparently for the PO. Down in order, 1-2-3. As usual, Alexei picked on the first pitch and flew out, Quentin with a lazy pop-out to the SS.

Edited by caulfield12

Jesus, Ozzie didn't leave us much for the televised game tonight. Who of interest is even left?

C: Pierzynski

1B: Konerko/Broussard/Myrow

2B: Getz/Nix

SS: Beckham/Santos

3B: Fields/Betemit/Castillo

LF: Wise/Kroeger

CF: Owens

RF: Dye/Restovich

I assume they'll use mostly players from minor league camp to off the bench in the day game since that's in Phoenix.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 4, 2009 -> 02:05 PM)
Jesus, Ozzie didn't leave us much for the televised game tonight. Who of interest is even left?

C: Pierzynski

1B: Konerko/Broussard

2B: Getz/Nix

SS: Beckham/Santos

3B: Fields/Betemit/Castillo

LF: Wise/Kroeger

CF: Owens

RF: Dye/Restovich

I assume they'll use mostly players from minor league camp to off the bench in the day game since that's in Phoenix.

Is this game on WGN or CSN?

I'm sure Myrow will have a huge impact, lol.

Maybe David Cook will make an appearance...but I doubt it. I just hope we don't get creamed again so the Tribune will treat the game as if it's somehow significant in any way, shape or form.

Somehow the A's announcer had the idea Broadway used to throw 94-96 but has mysteriously lost his velocity. Where that idea came from, I have no idea.

Ryan Sweeney 6/10 so far on the spring. Cunningham struck out against Lance.

Viciedo and Stewart are the only ones in our line-up over .200 so far. Well, that leads to the whole "pitching dominates early" lectures we hear all ST.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (ChesterCopperpot @ Mar 4, 2009 -> 01:18 PM)
Is there a gameday or radio? Or am I stuck with a boxscore?

You can access audio via chisox.com

C'mon Danks be clutch!!!

Viciedo and Brian Anderson showed good patience and both walked, but Brandon Allen got eaten up by sliders low and away and then Danks popped up with runners on first and second. Tough match-up for Allen against the lefty, sounded like he didn't have much of a chance, didn't even foul off a ball. At least Danks made contact with all of his swings.