S/T: 3/04 - Sox vs. Oakland - 2pm - Broadway vs. Eveland

scenario

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChesterCopperpot @ Mar 4, 2009 -> 02:59 PM)
Well, I don't care if we win. I'm just rooting for every Sox player (probably not Owens) to do well in Spring Training. So seeing a young pitcher walk three in an inning is disappointing, even if it is Spring Training. So I don't know. I don't care how the whole team does, but I care about how all the individuals perform, which is kinda contradictory.

I think we are all rooting against Owens.

Viciedo!!!

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 4, 2009 -> 02:50 PM)
Put a fork in Lance Broadway. Say hello to Charlotte, you can join Wasserman and Russell.

Matt Cassel's brother Justin coming in for the Sox. Sweeney 7/12 on the spring.

Mike Gellinger (sp?) from the front office (never heard of him b4 today) and Daryl Boston the 3rd and 1st base coaches today. Mark Gonzales seems to be a big fan of his. I guess his book about the Sox from 1959-08 is coming out soon, "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly."

Link for Gonzales' book.

http://www.amazon.com/Good-Ugly-Chicago-Wh...0225&sr=1-2

Cassel not doing very well so far...ugly inning. 4-0 A's now. Another Mike MacDougal sighting.

Gellinger is one of the in dugout instructors, I believe he's a fielding coach.

Danks with a single through the hole. Allen on 2nd, Danks on 1st.

I think ST is really big for all of those pitchers like MacDougal (to get traded, possibly), Carasco, Wasserman, Russell, Marquez, Richard, Poreda, Broadway, Nunez, Jimenez, etc. that are fighting for the final spot or two in the pen.

I think Fields has already pretty much been given the starting job. But Viciedo could make things interesting...and we'll continue to dissect the individual performances of Lilli/Nix/Getz and Anderson/Wise/Owens/Danks throughout the spring.

By the way, both Contreras and Colon threw 45 pitches today without a problem, bumping up from 30 a couple of days ago.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 4, 2009 -> 03:01 PM)
Gellinger is one of the in dugout instructors, I believe he's a fielding coach.

I think he's one of those "hybrid" types that has dual roles...from listening, he does "video scouting" and also works a lot with Greg Walker. But the way they were describing him, he was officially a member of the FO.

"The Sox will need 40 years to win the pennant again." --Luis Aparicio, after being traded to the Baltimore Orioles in 1963

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 4, 2009 -> 03:08 PM)
I think he's one of those "hybrid" types that has dual roles...from listening, he does "video scouting" and also works a lot with Greg Walker. But the way they were describing him, he was officially a member of the FO.

"The Sox will need 40 years to win the pennant again." --Luis Aparicio, after being traded to the Baltimore Orioles in 1963

On the Sox website his official title is "Major League Computer Scouting Analyst".

Ramirez had a tough play deep to his right but booted it....scored a single. Probably wouldn't have been able to throw him out. Sox out of the inning with no further damage. Lillibridge speared a Sweeney liner that would have been his 8th hit of the spring already.

Lillibridge with soft liner/pop that falls in....3/12 now on the season. Ramirez and Quentin a combined 2/20, lol.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (ChesterCopperpot @ Mar 4, 2009 -> 02:23 PM)
Comedic relief.

It reminds me of tall people getting into basketball even without talent. Apparently in baseball if you throw hard, you're in.

QUOTE (Cowch @ Mar 4, 2009 -> 03:26 PM)
It reminds me of tall people getting into basketball even without talent. Apparently in baseball if you throw hard, you're in.

MacDougal has a ton of talent, and he's been very good before. He was an All Star one year and even though you have to take 1 Royal, he was deserving. I think he had 25 saves at the All Star Break. His motion is messed up and he's a head case. Throwing strikes has been impossible for him for a couple of years unless he serves it on a platter. The feeling most with the White Sox have is he has no idea how good his stuff is. If he trusted it a little more, he could be elite. Chances are, it will never happen, but maybe he has an unbelievable year out of nowhere like Cliff Politte in 2005.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Mar 4, 2009 -> 02:53 PM)
jesus christ lance, just stamp your own ticket back to the minors why don't you? unreal

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

That seriously made me laugh out loud, I almost blew Dr. Pepper through my nose, lol.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 4, 2009 -> 02:05 PM)
Jesus, Ozzie didn't leave us much for the televised game tonight. Who of interest is even left?

C: Pierzynski

1B: Konerko/Broussard/Myrow

2B: Getz/Nix

SS: Beckham/Santos

3B: Fields/Betemit/Castillo

LF: Wise/Kroeger

CF: Owens

RF: Dye/Restovich

I assume they'll use mostly players from minor league camp to off the bench in the day game since that's in Phoenix.

Hopefully we can see more of the backup catchers. That is a competition I am really interested in. Hopefully we'll see more Lucy and Armstrong, haven't seen much of them yet.