S/T: 3/04 GM 2 CWS vs. CHC in Vegas baby!

knightni

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Mar 4, 2009 -> 10:17 PM)
But I remember reading somewhere that Vegas was considered as a potential location for either an expansion team or for the relocation of the Expos. I also remember seeing a Mexican city on the list as well. It doesn't seem like MLB is too opposed to the idea of venturing into Vegas.

As for the expected stagnant population growth of Vegas, I've always thought a team based in Vegas would usually have more away team fans than home fans, anyway. I think a team in Vegas won't experience much hometown loyalty from their fans, but they'll be a big entertainment draw from tourists.

Gambling, seeing the Hoover Dam, riding roller coasters, riding dune buggies, seeing Cirque Du Solei (sp?), and... seeing a baseball game. That's all entertainment draws right there.

Plus, any hardcore baseball fan visiting Vegas would love to see their visiting team play the Vegas team. Vegas is also warm enough during the entire baseball season to keep a steady flow of visitors, as well.

Maybe TOO warm...but I'm sure they would have no plans for a domed stadium. They just wouldn't want to play too many days games, though.

And Reno just started a AAA team with the Tucson Toros moving their storied franchise.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 4, 2009 -> 09:22 PM)
At first I thought you were talking about selling Texas Instruments stock or TI the rapper and then realized it was Treasure Island for $775 million...guess I'm just not that into the gambling/gaming world.

:lolhitting Ti does have a nice poker room. They had a small but nice one the last time I was in Vegas. I played a Bounty tournament there.

JER-RY!!! JER-RY!!! JER-RY!!!

Jerry just won a spot on the major league club with that hit. I hope Anderson has fun riding buses in triple-A, at least he can have more time to go around looking for hunnies.

....god, I'm so sick of hearing Lou's voice!!! I wish he'd shut the f*ck up! Wtfffffffffffff. I'm turning my tv's volume off if Lou's still flapping his gums when the commercial break is over, his voice is so irritating!

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Mar 4, 2009 -> 09:35 PM)
JER-RY!!! JER-RY!!! JER-RY!!!

Jerry just won a spot on the major league club with that hit. I hope Anderson has fun riding buses in triple-A, at least he can have more time to go around looking for hunnies.

....god, I'm so sick of hearing Lou's voice!!! I wish he'd shut the f*ck up! Wtfffffffffffff. I'm turning my tv's volume off if Lou's still flapping his gums when the commercial break is over, his voice is so irritating!

You are so dead on about Lou. That was a painful 20 minutes, or was it 2 hours.

Jerry on the team with that hit, not so much.

Grab some beeeench! Seriously, how does one become a Cub fan and stay one? I would be around 120lbs right now, if I were one as I would be throwing up every game having to listen to this garbage! Go sit down with the old folks and knit a cubby sweater and shut the hell up.

You can put it on the board.....

Grab some beeeench! Seriously, how does one become a Cub fan and stay one? I would be around 120lbs right now, if I were one as I would be throwing up every game having to listen to this garbage! Go sit down with the old folks and knit a cubby sweater and shut the hell up.

You can put it on the board.....