ST: 3/05 Gm2 SS Sox @ Cubs in Vegas

knightni

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 5, 2009 -> 01:37 PM)
Becks went deep in AZ again folks. Methinks HE's winning the 2B battle.

I still can't imagine him starting in the big leagues this year. Getz may not be doing it, but Nix is hitting .714 right now, Lillibridge is hitting .333.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 5, 2009 -> 01:43 PM)
Owens brings NOTHING to the table. Please dont bring him to chicago. Please.

So far, he's hitting .235 and he's not stealing many bases. He's bunting a little but not with a good success rate. He's not making any argument for keeping him so far.

QUOTE (scenario @ Mar 5, 2009 -> 01:45 PM)
I don't want to jinx Marquez, but...

I've been pretty impressed with him so far.

Im not gonna lie, he looks REALLY good. commanding 3 pitches (sinker, curve, 2 seamer). and really controlling opposing hitters by moving around in the zone. he has GOOD stuff, maybe getting out of NY and getting Coop to help him out with mechanics and confidence will help him become a legit starter. im excited, and would like to see him keep this up and win the 5th spot coming out of ST

I feel really good about many of the open questions we had going into the spring, so far: 2B, 3B, back end of the rotation. CF is still a big question mark to me, though. I don't like what I've seen so far (not just results, but how they look too) from either Owens or Anderson.

I'd love it if they gave Alexei some more time in CF, and allowed Nix or Lillibridge to play some short.

The more I look at his numbers over his minor league career, and see him in ST, the more I have the feeling that Josh Kroeger may be a really good pickup for this club. I can see him going to Charlotte and raking, and if someone gets hurt or falls off, getting a shot with the big club later in the year.

But I've only gotten to see him play once, I'd like to see more of him.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the guy?