ST: 3/06 White Sox vs. Australia

flavum

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Snelling has some major league time. Larson. Hughes is a good prospect with the Twins.

Nice swing by Beckham. I don't what's up with Fields' baserunning this spring...that's 2 silly outs on the basepaths. Now Kroeger.

Link looked much better his seond inning.

Wow Josh Fields is really locked in and looking much quicker on fastballs.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 03:09 PM)
Kroeger with a bit of a slipup, but Slayer really wants to make the roster.

did anyone see cowley's twitter yesterday?

Beckham gets the start at second base Friday against Team Australia, and will get time at third base. They want to get him more ABs.

curious why that would be, there's plenty of reasons why but i'm curious as to what their reason is

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 03:11 PM)
Snelling has some major league time. Larson. Hughes is a good prospect with the Twins.

Nice swing by Beckham. I don't what's up with Fields' baserunning this spring...that's 2 silly outs on the basepaths. Now Kroeger.

Link looked much better his seond inning.

Still getting hit hard?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 03:13 PM)
How much can you judge based on people's performance this early in ST?

i doubt he's going off spring training to make that assessment, more likely it's just reassuring what he and a lot of us here have already heard from scouts and seen from beckham already

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 03:13 PM)
How much can you judge based on people's performance this early in ST?

I'm judging it based on what I see in his approach. He is a better hitter than players we've had on our roster.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 03:11 PM)
Exhibit A for why it's not a bad thing to lose a lot of games once your season is over, from a competitive standpoint.

2007 could be great season in White Sox history as it caused them to make some changes.....the grindy love fest ended for Pods and Erstad. If Pods had a decent year that year both Quintin and Beckman may not be here as well as Ramirez. Uribe could have stayed at short and two draft picks would not have been had.......

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 10:15 PM)
I'm judging it based on what I see in his approach. He is a better hitter than players we've had on our roster.

Agreed, we have a lot of AAA/AAAA/mediocre MLB hitters getting a lot of at bats here. Beckham has the ability to be an above average MLB hitter.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 03:16 PM)
Josh is tearing the cover off the ball. He's looked like a very good baseball player thus far this spring.

i liked his swing in that at-bat, he wasn't loading up, it was a nice compact swing, something i don't remember seeing from josh much in 2007

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 01:11 PM)
Exhibit A for why it's not a bad thing to lose a lot of games once your season is over, from a competitive standpoint.

Would you rather us have lost a couple more games and be holding Tim Beckham?