White Sox vs. Dodgers 3/8

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Santos pops out LH Broussard against LH Leetch, singles to right, Kroeger grounds up the middle should have been DP but Dodgers screw it up. 1 & 2nd , BA pops out . 2 out . Lucy basehit to left. Broussard scores.7-2 Sox, Kroeger to 2nd.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 8, 2009 -> 08:05 PM)
So, is Donny Lucy really in the running for backup C?

Still seems like a wide open field. Flowers is almost assuredly headed to the minors to work on the defense, but, the other four? Haven't seen much of Armstrong so far.

There was really no good reason for any of them to have an advantage over the other 3 going into camp so as you say it should be wide open right now. If Lucy outperforms the others for the rest of March why wouldn't he get the job?

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 8, 2009 -> 09:12 PM)
There was really no good reason for any of them to have an advantage over the other 3 going into camp so as you say it should be wide open right now. If Lucy outperforms the others for the rest of March why wouldn't he get the job?

I haven't watched him play yet in ST, but, I suspect he needs to show something the others don't - his health. His knee, specifically. They will want to be sure it is fully healthy.

Otherwise, I agree, the field is pretty much wide open. Though I think Flowers was going to the minors no matter what (needs innings at the position), and Armstrong is the one LH of the bunch.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 8, 2009 -> 08:18 PM)
I haven't watched him play yet in ST, but, I suspect he needs to show something the others don't - his health. His knee, specifically. They will want to be sure it is fully healthy.

Otherwise, I agree, the field is pretty much wide open. Though I think Flowers was going to the minors no matter what (needs innings at the position), and Armstrong is the one LH of the bunch.

Hey if he's able to go down into his crouch, move laterally while down and spring upwards to throw then he must be in pretty damn good health. Obviously if he's not 100% then he has no shot at the job but from what I've seen he looks just fine. If he's healthy then I can't think of any inherent disadvantage he'd have over the others.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 8, 2009 -> 10:21 PM)
Hey if he's able to go down into his crouch, move laterally while down and spring upwards to throw then he must be in pretty damn good health. Obviously if he's not 100% then he has no shot at the job but from what I've seen he looks just fine. If he's healthy then I can't think of any inherent disadvantage he'd have over the others.

If he's healthy, but perhaps not healthy enough to play every day, could a case be made that he could still be fine in the backup role with the Sox? Assuming he can hit and field the position adequately, the Sox don't need a guy that is going to play all that often. Again, this is contingent on him showing he's healthy enough to contribute 1-2 times per week.