ST: 3/9 vs. Indians 3:05, Webcast/WSCR

flavum

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 03:04 PM)
Dye has been running in quick sand this entire spring. That ball was probably 30 feet away from where he started.

He needs to be taken out of right, no matter what Hawk may say he's been a huge liability out there and it's only getting worse.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How did Australia beat Mexico by 10 runs? That's a big surprise...not quite like the Netherlands over DR, but close.

Don't know much about Randy Williams...I think he's pitched twice this spring and hasn't given up a run yet, lefty, non-roster invitee, will undoubtedly end up in Charlotte as roster filler.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 03:12 PM)
How did Australia beat Mexico by 10 runs? That's a big surprise...not quite like the Netherlands over DR, but close.

because 1 game means absolutely nothing....every ST some middle of the road college team beats a pro team...like BC over the red sox

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 01:06 PM)
He looks slower than ever so far, and his bat speed also has been really poor. It's a shame we couldn't trade him for Bailey, as he's looked very good.

Dye hit .238 last year in the spring and I could swear I heard the exact same statements about his bat speed. (Not to say that I wouldn't want Bailey though).

4-3 strikes again

And f*** YOU weird announcer guy. All what tools? Speed? Check. . . . alright that's all I got.

The fans are being fed a load of s*** by everyone even remotely related to the White Sox organization. They can keep throwing lines out there like "this guy is a prototypical leadoff hitter" or "he has all the tools to leadoff" and yet they never elaborate, you wonder why the majority of fans are clueless, it's because they're constantly lied to.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 03:16 PM)
4-3 strikes again

And f*** YOU weird announcer guy. All what tools? Speed? Check. . . . alright that's all I got.

lol i'll give the announcer a pass because 1.) i think he's actually a basketball announcer, and 2.) he somehow is able to put up with Melton for an entire broadcast

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 09:17 PM)
Owens isnt even that fast on a baseball field. He really is a bad baseball player. With that swing, he cant break .250

All we can hope for is for him to keep playing awful this spring.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 09:17 PM)
Owens isnt even that fast on a baseball field. He really is a bad baseball player. With that swing, he cant break .250

I love that someone else notices the same thing about his speed on the field. Guys like Ozuna and Wise are much faster getting down the line and going from 1st to 3rd.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 03:18 PM)
All we can hope for is for him to keep playing awful this spring.

I just dont understand the coaches who look at his short armed uppercut swing that cannot make solid contact to any field and has zero power and say, well this kid could be our leadoff hitter.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 03:17 PM)

I'm at my breaking point. Sometimes I feel like in the f***ing Twilight Zone.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 03:19 PM)
I love that someone else notices the same thing about his speed on the field. Guys like Ozuna and Wise are much faster getting down the line and going from 1st to 3rd.

Lillibridge and Getz get down the line faster. I've also never seen a base stealer stumble so many times while getting his jump as Owens.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 03:20 PM)
I'm at my breaking point. Sometimes I feel like in the f***ing Twilight Zone.

I feel like we are just beating our heads against the wall with this issue. The coaches have to see what we see....they just have to.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 09:21 PM)
Lillibridge and Getz get down the line faster. I've also never seen a base stealer stumble so many times while getting his jump as Owens.

Owens gets himself tied up when he swings, which makes it harder for him to get down the line. Good call on Getz, he's definitely quick.