ST: 3/9 vs. Indians 3:05, Webcast/WSCR

flavum

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 03:23 PM)
Owens gets himself tied up when he swings, which makes it harder for him to get down the line. Good call on Getz, he's definitely quick.

Because his swing is the opposite of flat, his bat doesnt stay in the zone long at all and he falls over the plate when he finishes. All pretty terrible mechanics.

Danks getting knocked around a bit. Cutters and changes.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 01:22 PM)
I feel like we are just beating our heads against the wall with this issue. The coaches have to see what we see....they just have to.

His numbers are not impressive this spring, although White Sox hitting coach Greg Walker argues that Owens is having a better spring than the statistics -- such as a .227 batting average -- suggest.

"I don't think he's having a terrible spring at all," Walker said of Owens. "He's commanding the left side of the field pretty doggone good and taking his walks and getting a little more feel for bunting, which is a part of his game that definitely has room for improvement. He's a diligent worker.

Link

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 03:12 PM)
How did Australia beat Mexico by 10 runs? That's a big surprise...not quite like the Netherlands over DR, but close.

Don't know much about Randy Williams...I think he's pitched twice this spring and hasn't given up a run yet, lefty, non-roster invitee, will undoubtedly end up in Charlotte as roster filler.

Not if they are looking to extend Richard at AAA.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 01:25 PM)
But can Wise lead off? Or would it be whoever starts at 2b?

If Owens can't hit around .300 and steal at a 75% clip, then you have to go with whoever is at 2b. There's just no other way around it. I could live with any of Nix, Lillibridge, or Getz leading off if they can hit adequately.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 03:27 PM)
If Owens can't hit around .300 and steal at a 75% clip, then you have to go with whoever is at 2b. There's just no other way around it. I could live with any of Nix, Lillibridge, or Getz leading off if they can hit adequately.

Beckham gets my vote.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 03:27 PM)

I really want nothing to do with either of Nix or Lillibridge at the top of the lineup, if Nix wins the starting job he should hit 9th as for Lillibridge well I think he'd be best suited for AAA.

QUOTE (Markbilliards @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 03:22 PM)
Why is my picture all screwed up with the color? Its all blue/purple. I feel like I'm Preditor when I'm watching. Is there some setting I need to change?

Anyone else having this issue when trying to watch the podcast?

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 03:28 PM)
Danks getting pounded. Cleveland just getting more confident about facing us when the season starts, they always own us anyways
This game means absolutely nothing.