ST: 3/9 vs. Indians 3:05, Webcast/WSCR

flavum

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 03:32 PM)
I get the feeling this is the guy I am going to want released every game this year.

I said this last week. People are going to HATE Wilson Betemit which is probably going to bother me because I love him.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 03:34 PM)
I said this last week. People are going to HATE Wilson Betemit which is probably going to bother me because I love him.

Why do you love him? Just curious.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 03:32 PM)
Well look on the bright side: it'll help keep ERA's down.

lol but the balls fields, ramirez, wise, dye and konerko don't get to, as well as the baserunners AJ doesn't throw out will all inflate the ERAs....its entirely possible that 2b will be our only above average defender this year....Quentin is probably above average too, but not great

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 03:35 PM)
Why do you love him? Just curious.

Adequate yet unspectacular defense at all infield positions and HUGE power against righties, he had a big 2007 season especially as a pinch hitter. He has big time offensive potential especially if he gives up hitting right handed.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 03:36 PM)
lol but the balls fields, ramirez, wise, dye and konerko don't get to, as well as the baserunners AJ doesn't throw out will all inflate the ERAs....its entirely possible that 2b will be our only above average defender this year....Quentin is probably above average too, but not great

Hopefully Quentin has made some adjustments and gets better acclimated to his new position this season. He definitely struggled with his reads last year.

Nice single by Dayan right there.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 03:46 PM)
Getz bringing them all home. I agree with Kalapse on Betemit. Just think about our bench the last couple of years. Have we had anyone that could come in and hit a homer off the bench?

He's just been terrible defensively though