Sox @ Royals, 3/12/09

Balta1701

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 12, 2009 -> 01:02 PM)
Let's just hope Owens keeps 1) getting thrown out on the basepaths or 2) striking out or grounding out to 2B or popping up weakly to CF...

The other way for Owens to lose his job is if Kroeger and Wise both have solid games today. Kroeger clearly is getting a look at 1b to see if he can handle anything other than the OF, that's usually a good sign IMO.

That and I think they've given up on Broussard making any contribution...

Wise with a base hit or an error on Teahen? Supposedly Cashman was inquiring about him coming to NY to play third. Wise now hitting close to .400 this spring.

Yeah, finally a successful stolen base. Dewayne Wise wins the job (3/12/09). Get em on, get em over, get em in.

RBI groundout to Gordon (Alex) by CQ. Confusing, I keep hearing Gordon and thinking Beckham!

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 12, 2009 -> 02:07 PM)
Kroger can play all OF positions if needed and 1B.

I like Becks playing SS today, maybe they are thinking about putting him there and Lexi in CF?

Nope....more logical to play him there, because he doesn't have a back-up at that position, besides Betemit....whereas there are three other guys competing for time at 2B. Eider Torres will be insurance in AAA and back-up Lillibridge and play 2B too if they keep Getz and Nix in Chicago.

Funny, the MLB.com box score has Jose Guillen and not Teahen at 2B.

OUCH....Josh Kroeger with a big mental error that allows Crisp to get back safely when he was picked off. That doesn't help his case, much.

Wise now 8 for 14 (.429) in ST, not counting his B game the other morning against the Dodgers where he had a homer and triple.

Richard with another scoreless inning....gave up single to Crisp, had him picked off, but got the GIDP with Beckham starting it and then a 4-3 PO by Getz.

Edited by caulfield12

Wise is winning the job, but it's more that Anderson and Owens are losing it...KW and Ozzie know that Wise is a competitor and "fearless" but that he's just a stopgap solution, at best. Eventually, he will cool off. It could begin on Opening Day. I'm just hoping the platoon is Anderson and Wise and that Owens is "disappeared."

Wise only has 14 at bats in A games though.

Which is only 9 ABs away from BA. Owens... who I'm sure they'd prefer is leading basically everyone in camp with ABs. Both Owens and BA are struggling, I don't see how Wise isn't the favorite unless Kroeger (whose D in CF is average/tick below average from what I've read)/Lilli (who is also not really hitting) or even BA and Owens pick it up.

Great sign for Fields.

Opposite field homer for Josh Fields to RCF. He made the comment the other day about trying to do this more often, nice to see it happen in reality.

Of course, it is Horacio Ramirez and not David Price. So maybe we have to take it with a grain of salt.

Getz with a two out double that was "smoked" and pulled down the RF line. Youngsters tearing it up, Quentin/Dye still struggling a bit.

Beckham with 5-3 GO.

ROYALS UP in top of 2nd

Butler K's after a 4-3 GO by Jacobs. Richard gives up second hit...but still pitching pretty well it seems. A walk puts runners at 1st and 2nd with our old nemesis Ross Gload trying to make the team and perhaps slated for AAA again with Jacobs trade.

Kroeger down to .370, Fields .357, Getz .318 and Beckham at .350.

Two scoreless innings from Richard, his ERA is down in the mid to low 2's now. Gload with lazy pop to CQ to end the threat. Struggled a bit with his control that inning but got out of it.

Edited by caulfield12

Richard at 2.45 now.

Basehit for CQ. He had some really good swings yesterday...starting to heat up.

LOL at internet questions for Royals' broadcast coming from White Sox fans.

BTW, these are NOT the Royals' regular radio broadcasters. These guys are pretty horrible, but still better than Melton.

This guy from the KC Star (Dick Kaegel) is putting me to sleep, he makes Gonzalez seem like Joaquin Phoenix in comparison.

Didn't know former Sox farmhand Heath Phillips had an outside chance to make the Royals...out of the inning, wasted opportunity there, Dye needs to pick it up.

Edited by caulfield12