Padres versus White Sox ST Game

caulfield12

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 13, 2009 -> 02:40 PM)
They actually left Floyd out there to run, huh? I wonder how well he runs.

Gavin was timed running down to 1B on the walk at 2/10th's of a second faster than Owens running from home to first on the weak grounder to Chris Burke.

God, Brian Anderson is really making this hard on KW and Ozzie...really hard. At least you can "argue" that Owens is walking occasionally.

Cliff Floyd rips a homer and we're all tied up like that.

Just got back from my extended lunch of a polish and a couple of beers. I know it's early...but Paulie looks pretty dialed in already. Had my Illini "Chief" shirt on and Salas tried talking me out of it for a glove. Told him if the Illini lose today I'll give it to him monday. Not sure if he can even wear an XL. Nice way to spend a lunch hour though.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 13, 2009 -> 03:45 PM)
Anderson works a full count then pops to shallow right. Inning over.

Maybe a month in AAA will give him time to get his swing/head right. He looked so much better in spring last year, and it showed in his #'s.

Apparently Brian can only hit in the thin air of Tucson, in college and in the pro's. He is WAY out in front of the ball.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 13, 2009 -> 01:45 PM)
Anderson works a full count then pops to shallow right. Inning over.

Maybe a month in AAA will give him time to get his swing/head right. He looked so much better in spring last year, and it showed in his #'s.

he's hard to figure out.

Aha....didn't Lui (Liu) Rodriguez (utility infielder) come up with the Twins? Maybe I'm confusing him with someone else.

Jerry Coleman thinks the White Sox look FAST, lol...after Lillibridge ends up at 2nd base on the hustle double.

Owens with the infield single to the left side...3B couldn't make the play, Lilli had to stay at 2nd. Floyd with a chance to bunt the runners over, only 1 career sacrifice in his career so far.

The "wheel" play was on, Floyd flails at a ball and ends up with an infield single that hits the bag at 2nd...Lilli somehow doesn't score but bases loaded for D-Weezy.

Edited by caulfield12

So, IF Lilli were to get the CF job... how does that effect the roster?

Your bench already includes the backup C and Betemit, so, you have two spots for:

Anderson

Owens

Wise

Nix/Getz (whoever doesn't get the 2B job)

You need at least one OF in that bunch. Lilli can back up the middle infield when not in CF.

I think I'd go with Nix/Getz and Anderson. Push Owens to AAA, and release Wise.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 13, 2009 -> 01:57 PM)
Owens with a soft grounder to SS, no throw attempted, infield hit.

They fear TEH SPEEEDDD!!!111!!

Maybe he'll try and steal a base and get thrown out....