Padres versus White Sox ST Game

caulfield12

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ptatc @ Mar 13, 2009 -> 03:17 PM)
Do you want to change any of this?

It is an anemic line-up.

Ekstrom is garbage/horrible. The only hitters who looked good b4 that were Konerko and Fields against Chris Young.

Owens cost Floyd a run with a bonehead play. Wise made a baserunning mistake but it didn't end up hurting us.

Anderson and Owens are playing like....well, there are many possible words to choose. Owens, I think, has actually squared approximately ONE ball the whole spring and hit a line drive somewhere. Maybe he does it in BP occasionally, I doubt it.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 13, 2009 -> 04:21 PM)
It is an anemic line-up.

Ekstrom is garbage/horrible. The only hitters who looked good b4 that were Konerko and Fields against Chris Young.

OK just checking

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 13, 2009 -> 04:21 PM)
And Lillibridge hit .220 in AAA last year. Not sure how those 3 suck, but Lillibridge doesn't.

Wise and Owens are both below avg defensively and offensively, BA and Lilli are plus defenders and cant hit. Lilli is a better player than both Wise and Owens, and probably equal value to BA because of their plus defense. None of the bunch is good, but Wise and Owens clearly suck.

And FYI, cherry picking the kid's worst year never really shows anything. He may not be an offensive juggernaut, but he is better than he showed last year.

Edited by RockRaines

The difference is that Lillibridge has two tools...speed and defense.

He can play SS perhaps better than anyone in our organization (according to reports), 2B and CF as well (at least at Univ. of Washington).

His minor league averages were strong/solid before the last couple of years, but he's a younger player that has more upside than Owens/Wise and probably Brian Anderson too at this point in his development. You'd have to say Lillibridge would be more valuable simply because he can play SS so well. We can debate if BA also has "power" as a tool.

Dewayne Wise homers as the WBC 10 run mercy rule is about to be put into effect. Things are really shaping up to be a Wise/Lillibridge platoon with Anderson and Owens waived or traded or sent to AAA.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 13, 2009 -> 04:29 PM)
The difference is that Lillibridge has two tools...speed and defense.

He can play SS perhaps better than anyone in our organization (according to reports), 2B and CF as well (at least at Univ. of Washington).

His minor league averages were strong/solid before the last couple of years, but he's a younger player that has more upside than Owens/Wise and probably Brian Anderson too at this point in his development. You'd have to say Lillibridge would be more valuable simply because he can play SS so well. We can debate if BA also has "power" as a tool.

Dewayne Wise homers as the WBC 10 run mercy rule is about to be put into effect. Things are really shaping up to be a Wise/Lillibridge platoon with Anderson and Owens waived or traded or sent to AAA.

Yup, looking more and more like BA and Owens being sent down. Both are below the mendoza, both are looking hopeless.

Lillibridge hasn't even played CF since college and even then he split time between that and SS. How can someone be considered a plus defender at a tough position that he a.) hasn't played in 4 years and b.) never played full time?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 13, 2009 -> 04:32 PM)
Well, technically Owens is at .212 but it's the weakest 200+ average in spring training history.

Coleman wants to rename him "Wayne Wise." Starting to remind me of Harry Carry...he's really really OLD.

I will 2nd you on the old.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 13, 2009 -> 04:33 PM)
Lillibridge hasn't even played CF since college and even then he split time between that and SS. How can someone be considered a plus defender at a tough position that he a.) hasn't played in 4 years and b.) never played full time?

Yah. I can't imagine that happening. No matter what averages are, I just really can't see anything other than Wise/Owens and Anderson platoon no matter what BA does. THey'll keep him for his defense.