Tax Private Health Benefits?

southsideirish71

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Mar 15, 2009 -> 10:50 AM)
Have to feed that pork somehow.

Private Health Benefits, well lets tax that.

This right here proves that Obama doesn't give ONE S-H-I-T about the American people. Either do it my way or I will punish you.

I know, I know, this is a trial balloon to see what response they get, but this is a motherf***er move right here.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Mar 15, 2009 -> 02:03 PM)
This right here proves that Obama doesn't give ONE S-H-I-T about the American people. Either do it my way or I will punish you.

I know, I know, this is a trial balloon to see what response they get, but this is a motherf***er move right here.

i think no matter what, you're going to read everything the exact same way. if he didn't give ONE S-H-I-T about the American people he wouldn't try to overhaul Health Care in the first place... but he recognizes he has to pay for it somehow, so he's open to any ideas, one of them being taxing benefits. fine. you HAVE to be open to everything if you're going to find the thing that works. seems logical to me. the article didn't say he's GOING to, just that it's one of the options on the table.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 15, 2009 -> 02:33 PM)
i think no matter what, you're going to read everything the exact same way. if he didn't give ONE S-H-I-T about the American people he wouldn't try to overhaul Health Care in the first place... but he recognizes he has to pay for it somehow, so he's open to any ideas, one of them being taxing benefits. fine. you HAVE to be open to everything if you're going to find the thing that works. seems logical to me. the article didn't say he's GOING to, just that it's one of the options on the table.

Like I said... trial balloon. And in that way, they get all the power.

This isn't about the American people, this is about getting all the power they can into government.

Oh, wait, I'm supposed to just trust Obama, he's our president, and he's the Messiah. HE will save health care. And everything else. (Kaperbole ™ ).

Seriously, though, the more welfare type giveaways the government gives, the more votes he gets in the long run - see 50% of people don't pay taxes and they are going to get more credits then ever before - this is why I say Obama is one of the smartest Dems to come around in a long time. The more entitlements he gives away and hurts the "rich", the more "poor" votes he gets, and remember the tax scale. There's a hell of a lot more "poor" then "rich", so he doesn't give a f***, it's about getting Democrat votes. That cannot be denied. It works for a good while, honestly. And a good while is long enough to make sure the policies slant it that way for longer then a while.

And one more thing:

It makes me laugh at the hypocracy - all I've heard for the last 7 years is how much George W. Bush has taken away our "rights" and all this s*** in the name of 9/11. How did this effect you and me? Reality: it didn't. Now, Obama takes all these social issues and it has to do with each and every one of us. But that's ok... it's all going to be BETTER under the government. Please. What hogwash. And hypocritical for those who support Obama's stealing of our individual freedoms.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Mar 15, 2009 -> 03:53 PM)
And one more thing:

It makes me laugh at the hypocracy - all I've heard for the last 7 years is how much George W. Bush has taken away our "rights" and all this s*** in the name of 9/11. How did this effect you and me? Reality: it didn't. Now, Obama takes all these social issues and it has to do with each and every one of us. But that's ok... it's all going to be BETTER under the government. Please. What hogwash. And hypocritical for those who support Obama's stealing of our individual freedoms.

We're finally considering basic health care a right :headbang

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Mar 15, 2009 -> 03:34 PM)
Like I said... trial balloon. And in that way, they get all the power.

This isn't about the American people, this is about getting all the power they can into government.

Oh, wait, I'm supposed to just trust Obama, he's our president, and he's the Messiah. HE will save health care. And everything else. (Kaperbole ™ ).

Seriously, though, the more welfare type giveaways the government gives, the more votes he gets in the long run - see 50% of people don't pay taxes and they are going to get more credits then ever before - this is why I say Obama is one of the smartest Dems to come around in a long time. The more entitlements he gives away and hurts the "rich", the more "poor" votes he gets, and remember the tax scale. There's a hell of a lot more "poor" then "rich", so he doesn't give a f***, it's about getting Democrat votes. That cannot be denied. It works for a good while, honestly. And a good while is long enough to make sure the policies slant it that way for longer then a while.

alright, there's no point arguing cuz you believe what you believe - but what he's doing RIGHT NOW is not pandering for votes. obviously. otherwise he wouldn't be saying taxing health benefits is an option... cuz that's SUCH a popular stance... you slay me.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 15, 2009 -> 02:33 PM)
the article didn't say he's GOING to, just that it's one of the options on the table.

Seems to me that in the Bush thread about the 1st ammendment issues, Bush never said he was GOING to do anything about it, just that it was one of the options on the table after 9/11. Look at all the venom posted there. Hmmm.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 15, 2009 -> 10:03 PM)

Again, that is an incentive to get people on the "universal health care". Not to mention that corporations will no longer get the deduction (reduction of expenses) for health care either.

This is about control. Period. It's not about being "nice".

Why must health care be so difficult in this country? I have insurance through my company, but to my understanding I am responsible for the first $1200. I do have a HSA card where I can contribute $2800 of my own pre-tax money, and my company gives us $700, but I still don't feel like it's enough to offset the costs of seeing a doctor for 15 minutes, going to the dentist, or having to take some one to the ER at 4:30 AM.

:chimp

QUOTE (Texsox @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 09:03 AM)
Then how does this compare with Bush taking away freedoms?

Good point, if its not a right - how can it be taken away?

You can't take away freedom with taxes. After all, freedom isn't free. I know that's true because I saw it on a yellow magnetic ribbon on someone's car once.