Soxtalk Keeper League 2 Info

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 09:10 AM)
So where do we stand with the other 6 teams left to join?

I was coming in to post this exact thing. I haven't heard from anyone other than everyone who's signed up for the league. I'm up for giving another week for guys to come back before we give the teams away.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 11:14 AM)
I was coming in to post this exact thing. I haven't heard from anyone other than everyone who's signed up for the league. I'm up for giving another week for guys to come back before we give the teams away.

Did you PM those teams through Soxtalk, because not many people check their emails connected with fantasy sports, I know I don't. If were going to replace 6 teams we mind as well start from scratch imo.

Here are the managers from last year that I see are in the league right now:

Chwrock2 - Myself

Jerry Owens Sucks - smalls2598

The Acesses - buehrletheace

Caffeymania - sircaffey (not sure of spelling)

Jeters never prosper - Mhizzle

The Supernukers - supernuke

Haven't Joined

Greedy - Greedy

SS Hitmen - SS hitmen

Sonik 22 - sonik 22

The Black Ichiro - Kalapse

White Sox Stompers - ???

lobo - ???

Edited by ChWRoCk2

QUOTE (supernuke @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 03:37 PM)
I see we are up to 8 now. I think SS Hitmen is actually Soxfest on the board.

If that's the case, I'll PM & see what's up. If I don't hear back from everyone the missing parties by Wednesday, I think I'll give up the spots to who PM'd me about openings.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 10:37 PM)
If that's the case, I'll PM & see what's up. If I don't hear back from everyone the missing parties by Wednesday, I think I'll give up the spots to who PM'd me about openings.

I was just randomly looking at the board and noticed you were looking for someone for the Keeper League. I would be interested if you need someone. Ironically I choose South Side Hitmen as a name most of the time. Just shoot me a message if they don't respond and you need someone.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 10:39 PM)
As long as everyone that's signed up for the league is cool with it, I'm gonna go ahead and give up the 4 open spots.

Only question, how should teams be assigned?

Well, I'm trying to fill Soxtalk 3, but if there's anyone from Soxtalk 1 or 2 that wants to be in a keeper league as well, you could ask Jordan4Life who to recommend.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 09:39 PM)
As long as everyone that's signed up for the league is cool with it, I'm gonna go ahead and give up the 4 open spots.

Only question, how should teams be assigned?

I would say put the players from the 4 teams into a pool and have the remaining 4 people who fill the spots draft from that pool for their keepers.

Idk how you would go about arranging this though.

We might be better off starting from scratch, idk.

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 09:53 PM)
Well, I'm trying to fill Soxtalk 3, but if there's anyone from Soxtalk 1 or 2 that wants to be in a keeper league as well, you could ask Jordan4Life who to recommend.

I've gotten PM's from a few people, I was just gonna give it to those guys.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 10:49 PM)
I would say put the players from the 4 teams into a pool and have the remaining 4 people who fill the spots draft from that pool for their keepers.

Idk how you would go about arranging this though.

We might be better off starting from scratch, idk.

Starting from scratch would be fine with me...I say we take a league vote.

Well, i would prefer not to start from scratch. I have some really top talent i'd hate to lose :)

Since it's a keeper league, we may run into this issue every year. There always seems to be teams that just lose interest and don't want to return the next season.

What i suggest is that the first team to signs up chooses which of the available teams he'd like to make his team. Second team gets second choice, etc. It won't be too hard to get a list of the players from each team, and I can easily do it for you if you would like.

Edited by smalls2598

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 08:15 AM)
Well, i would prefer not to start from scratch. I have some really top talent i'd hate to lose :)

Since it's a keeper league, we may run into this issue every year. There always seems to be teams that just lose interest and don't want to return the next season.

What i suggest is that the first team to signs up chooses which of the available teams he'd like to make his team. Second team gets second choice, etc. It won't be too hard to get a list of the players from each team, and I can easily do it for you if you would like.

If you don't mind, then sure.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 01:45 PM)
If you don't mind, then sure.

No problem.

I compared emails/team names from last season to this season. Now, there are some damn good players on each of these teams. I think some of these names will entice teams to sign up

team GREEDY: MCabrera, Kemp, JUpton

SS Hitmen: Beckham, Howard, Lincecum

Sonic: Pujols, Prince, Cliff Lee

Lobo: Rollins, Verlander, Johan, Peavy

here is a link to the full teams available. Can someone confirm that this is viewable? thanks

Edited by smalls2598

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 02:25 PM)
No problem.

I compared emails/team names from last season to this season. Now, there are some damn good players on each of these teams. I think some of these names will entice teams to sign up

here is a link to the full teams available. Can someone confirm that this is viewable? thanks

I can view it.

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 02:25 PM)
No problem.

Viewable, thanks sir. I'll start PM'ing people as to who got to me first.