3/16 Game Thread - Sox vs. Royals

daa84

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 04:50 PM)
Lillibridge's BB/K is now 1/13 after his 2 Ks today. People actually thought he was a candidate to leadoff?

after seeing the sox play nix at SS today, i think lillibridge is destined for AAA...

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 04:53 PM)
I wouldn't mind Coop and Walker taking Poreda and Viciedo aside and just have AP throw live sliders to him for an hour. It might help both of them.

A full year in the minors would probably be more effective.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 02:50 PM)
He plays good defense at 3 positions, thats why he has a good chance to make the team.

I think we're seeing Nix at SS because Lillibridge isn't hitting. Can't afford more dead wood on the bench when all 3 of your CF candidates and maybe backup catcher aren't recognized as hitters either.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 04:54 PM)
Getz not real happy about that swing.

it was pretty ugly, which got me wondering what his minor league splits vs. lefties were....and he actually has hit lefties better in his career than righties

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 04:55 PM)
Flowers looks clueless looking at strike 3

i was really high on flowers (and not on grass) and still am, but he sure hasn't looked like a guy who hit 12 bombs or whatever it was in the AFL

QUOTE (daa84 @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 04:57 PM)
i was really high on flowers (and not on grass) and still am, but he sure hasn't looked like a guy who hit 12 bombs or whatever it was in the AFL

He hasnt been above A ball, he's going to take some time to develop.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 02:53 PM)
I wouldn't mind Coop and Walker taking Poreda and Viciedo aside and just have AP throw live sliders to him for an hour. It might help both of them.

An hours worth of sliders from your best pitching prospect would not be a good thing. That could be over 100 breaking balls in a row .

QUOTE (daa84 @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 02:55 PM)
it was pretty ugly, which got me wondering what his minor league splits vs. lefties were....and he actually has hit lefties better in his career than righties

Every hitter in baseball looks ugly swinging many times in the course of a season. I'm glad you looked up his splits , you just can't look at one at bat and make any kind of judgements. Well you can they're just not likely to be very accurate.