3/16 Game Thread - Sox vs. Royals

daa84

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lillibridge 0-5 w/ 3 K. That's a 1/14 BB/K ratio for the spring. :o That's well over 200 Ks over a full season's worth of AB. He has 4 more strikeouts than total bases.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him reassigned to minor league camp early.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 03:55 PM)
Lillibridge 0-5 w/ 3 K. That's a 1/14 BB/K ratio for the spring. :o That's well over 200 Ks over a full season's worth of AB. He has 4 more strikeouts than total bases.

I agree, he's taking AB's away from Beckham, Nix and Getz now.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 05:55 PM)

Don't worry, it's something mechanical in his swing and it'll be addressed.

I know it's early, but I just don't think he's got it. He has hardly put up a fight for 2B, and played himself out of the utility role.

Viciedo, Flowers, Lillibridge... all headed for minor league camp soon, I'd wager, along with some others that you knew going in were jus there for at bats.

Hard to say what will happen with the bullpen logjam though, I don't know who gets the ax first.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 10:21 PM)
Crede 3-3 today with a double and 2 run HR . Still hitting .185 so far. Swisher 3-4 all singles but 3 rbi now hitting .222 . Maier just crushes one way out to right 11-5 Royals.

I figured iut would take Joe a few games of ST to satrt to get his swing and rythm back

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 08:44 PM)
I figured iut would take Joe a few games of ST to satrt to get his swing and rythm back

You told me in that pm when he was signed he was gonna bat .1000 in spring with a home run for every at-bat. Figures you would pretend like you never said that now...