3/19/09 Sox @ Giants, 3:05

Kalapse

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 02:47 PM)
Ozzie already said he's now considering Getz for leadoff.

Maybe he should try it in a game. Not that it really means anything. But get him prepared. Owens and Wise are not good, even if they hit .800 the rest of the spring.

The only other problem with Getz as a leadoff hitter is what to do with Beckham when he's ready in a couple of months. Maybe moving Ramirez to CF would be the answer.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 02:02 PM)
Jerry's also 0/3 on SB's in A games this spring. I think he should have worked with a better track coach too.

Maybe the track coach should have told him to STOP at the base rather than run through it?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 03:07 PM)
Maybe he should try it in a game. Not that it really means anything. But get him prepared. Owens and Wise are not good, even if they hit .800 the rest of the spring.

The only other problem with Getz as a leadoff hitter is what to do with Beckham when he's ready in a couple of months. Maybe moving Ramirez to CF would be the answer.

DING DING DING

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 03:18 PM)
Burritos as big as Uribe's Butt.
The structural integrity of such a burrito would be impossible to maintain, causing it to collapse in on itself, forming a black hole and killing us all.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 01:07 PM)

I first I saw anything about him considering it is in the online trib in the article about Vicedo being sent down. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...,0,323351.story

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 03:34 PM)
What a courageous sequence for Owens: Walk, SB, R.
It's a rare and beautiful thing, like that flower that only blooms once every couple years and smells like rotten meat.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 10:13 AM)
I was referring to a video broadcast. I'm not going to sit at my computer listening to a spring training game, it's boring enough watching these games, I can't imagine listening to them.

That's too bad. The sox radio broadcasts have been pretty good - much better than that televised crapfest with Bill Melton & Whoever.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 01:34 PM)
What a courageous sequence for Owens: Walk, SB, R.

Yeah, this sucks. Looking at the lineup, it would appear that they're still trying to force-feed us Owens and AJP as the 1-2 hitters. This is killing me, because even after they suck in those positions starting on 4/6 and are subsequently moved down (AJP to 7th or 8th, Owens to Antarctica), the damage to our season will already be done.