justBLAZE

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....nd-baseman.html

well i got to be proud of my threadstarting for about 3 minutes

Hopefully he follows the Joe Crede career path of playing 151 games as a 25 year old.

And not the part of the career path where he takes 2.5 yrs to get comfortable thereafter.

Edited by Princess Dye

Success! Look at that, the White Sox can actually develop more than one position player starter in a decade. I think you guys can reasonably expect Ryan Theriot-like numbers out of Getzy.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Mar 21, 2009 -> 08:44 PM)
Success! Look at that, the White Sox can actually develop more than one position player starter in a decade. I think you guys can reasonably expect Ryan Theriot-like numbers out of Getzy.

In his 2nd full year last year for Theriot, he hit .307 with a .387 OBP with 22 SB. I would cream if we could get that out of Getz next year, if this year is a full time year.

BTW- in Theriot's first full year in 2007, he hit .266 with a .330 OBP including 28 SB. That wouldn't be bad at all from Getz this year.

Hopefully...

1. Getz, 2B (he's gonna have to be a full time starter, vs. lefty and righty. I'll be pissed if we see Ozzie do a dumbass thing and bat BA or Fields leadoff vs. lefties)

2. Ramirez, SS (Ozzie better not make us go through another year with Pierzynski in the 2 hole)

3. Quentin, LF

4. Dye, RF

5. Thome, DH

6. Konerko, 1B

7. Pierzynski, C

8. Fields, 3B

9. Anderson, CF

I'm not expecting much out of Getz his rookie year, but I know he's a hell of a lot better than either Wise or Owens.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Mar 21, 2009 -> 09:55 PM)
Hopefully...

1. Getz, 2B (he's gonna have to be a full time starter, vs. lefty and righty. I'll be pissed if we see Ozzie do a dumbass thing and bat BA or Fields leadoff vs. lefties)

2. Ramirez, SS (Ozzie better not make us go through another year with Pierzynski in the 2 hole)

3. Quentin, LF

4. Dye, RF

5. Thome, DH

6. Konerko, 1B

7. Pierzynski, C

8. Fields, 3B

9. Anderson, CF

I'm not expecting much out of Getz his rookie year, but I know he's a hell of a lot better than either Wise or Owens.

I like it and I think they should give this lineup a shot. Hope the Sox can find a way to keep Nix. They could put Nix on the DL and send Lillibridge down when he is healthy.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Mar 21, 2009 -> 09:55 PM)
Hopefully...

3. Quentin, LF

4. Dye, RF

5. Thome, DH

6. Konerko, 1B

7. Pierzynski, C

8. Fields, 3B

9. Anderson, CF

Not bad. I was going to either put AJ or Alexei in the 2 hole but I stuck with AJ, just going with what I think Oz will do, not what I'd prefer.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Mar 21, 2009 -> 10:09 PM)
Why wouldn't Nix be retained? Is he out of options or something? At the very least, he can be sent to Charlotte and play until he is back to 100%, and if we feel Getz needs some more help, especially vs. lefties, we can call up Nix.

Yep. Out of options and injured. He seemed like he could hit and had a reputation for being a good fielder. When he started and SS, I thought he was sure to make the team. He would be good Getz insurance or stick off the bench if his quad heals up.

Now let's put Getz leading off and solidify the defense with BA in center.

Edited by 103 mph screwball

QUOTE (BearSox @ Mar 21, 2009 -> 10:29 PM)
In that case, we should put Nix on the DL and go from there.

That makes perfect sense. It also gives us the chance to send him to Charlotte on a rehab while we decide how our roster looks and if he we really want him around.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 21, 2009 -> 10:54 PM)
That makes perfect sense. It also gives us the chance to send him to Charlotte on a rehab while we decide how our roster looks and if he we really want him around.

yep. I'm thinking he can make the team as a bench player though, especially if Anderson becomes a starter. We could use a right handed power bat off the bench, considering Betemit is very similar to Jose Valentin in that he's a switch hitter but really can't hit right handed. I'm curious as to what our bench will look like. Part of it will depend on how many pitchers we carry. For now, I'll assume we'll keep 12 pitchers.

-I'm pretty sure Corky has the backup catcher spot locked up.

-Anderson seems as a lock to make the team, and sadly it looks like one of Wise or Owens is as well. CF will likely be a platoon.

-Betemit will make the team as the utility infielder.

-This spot will be tough. Do you go with another infielder in Lillibridge or Nix, or do you go with perhaps Kroeger, who has really shown an ability to hit this spring. Personally, I want Kroeger, but you can make a strong case for Lillibridge to backup the MI and most importantly SS. Nix as well wouldn't be a bad choice. Perhaps with his health in question, we can sneak him down to Charlotte.