Trade - Accept or Reject?

dasox24

Keeping in mind that I have 4 solid OF'ers in Ryan Braun, Carlos Lee, Vlad Guerrero, and Jacoby Ellsbury, and I am weak on starting pitching...

Would you make this trade?

I Get:

Roy Halladay

Jose Lopez

I give up:

Vladamir Guerrero

Howie Kendrick

I feel like Lopez is more of a sure thing than Kendrick at 2B, though they could essentially cancel each other out this season. So, with my 2 top SP currently Chad Billingsley and James Shields, I would feel much more comfortable with Halladay locking down one spot and using an OF of Braun, Lee, and Ellsbury.

But, I just wanted to get some other opinions first. The guy I'm trading with has a bad OF and a surplus of SP, which is why it makes sense for him.

Thanks

Guerrero, in my opinion, is heading towards a statistical downturn. I doubt that he will still hit 30+ HRs in a season consistently. I'd say .300 28 HR 105 RBI isn't out of the question, though. IF he can stay healthy. Also, like you said, Kendrick is unpredictable. Who knows what you can expect out of him in his first full season? Perhaps .280 7 HR 65 RBI 20 SB.

I'd take Halladay and Lopez in that trade.