scenario

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

from the wizard by way of SSS

"Rosenthal says the Yankees are open to moving Melky Cabrera, and opines that the White Sox would be a perfect fit. Trading Cabrera would open up the Yankees’ outfield picture for sure, but leave them shakier in center with Brett Gardner and Nick Swisher. Rosenthal also says the White Sox have expressed some interest in a deal to acquire Gary Matthews Jr., assuming the Angels pay “the vast majority of the $33MM remaining on the final three years of his contract"

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/03/rose...edro-ohman.html

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Mar 25, 2009 -> 03:43 PM)
They must have skipped college

I'm just so tired of watching guys do that kind of thing.

Sometimes they look like they didn't watch or play the game growing up - which I guess is probably true for some of them... but damn running into the SS on a groundball?

That's my old man rant for the day.

QUOTE (wsgdf_2 @ Mar 25, 2009 -> 08:49 PM)
I'm just so tired of watching guys do that kind of thing.

Sometimes they look like they didn't watch or play the game growing up - which I guess is probably true for some of them... but damn running into the SS on a groundball?

That's my old man rant for the day.

I agree. In fact we just saw another bad decision by Ramirez and he got lucky. Two lucky running plays in a row ain't going to happen often during the regular season

from the wizard by way of SSS

"Rosenthal says the Yankees are open to moving Melky Cabrera, and opines that the White Sox would be a perfect fit. Trading Cabrera would open up the Yankees’ outfield picture for sure, but leave them shakier in center with Brett Gardner and Nick Swisher. Rosenthal also says the White Sox have expressed some interest in a deal to acquire Gary Matthews Jr., assuming the Angels pay “the vast majority of the $33MM remaining on the final three years of his contract"

Interesting. I had forgotten just how terrible that Matthews contract was/is. I'm thinking the "vast majority" is like 30MM.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Mar 25, 2009 -> 03:59 PM)
And they were both well hit too, which is nice

yeah i just hope the sox can keep that mindset when we actually start the season. Im liking what im seeing out of this lineup

QUOTE (kane0730 @ Mar 25, 2009 -> 04:04 PM)
What's the 411 on this Williams pitcher? Any chance he'll end up in Chicago in the future?

+1

im curious as to what the book on him is

QUOTE (kane0730 @ Mar 25, 2009 -> 04:04 PM)
What's the 411 on this Williams pitcher? Any chance he'll end up in Chicago in the future?

There is a decent chance that he'll end up in Chicago in the very very near future (ie April 6) as the second lefty.