3/29 - Sox @ DBacks

scenario

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the radio guys, Lillibridge made an ESPN-like highlight play to snag a ball up the middle and start a DP.

Danks give up hit and a walk in the bottom of the first but no damage done.

Edited by scenario

Guess the Big 10 wasn't so horrible this year, after all.

Dare we say (knock on wood) it, but Lillibridge seems to be waking up a bit offensively. Maybe his game the other day (2 doubles) will get him kick-started and carry over into the regular season.

I think there was another play in the last ten minutes that the error was ruled on?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (scenario @ Mar 29, 2009 -> 02:05 PM)
Anderson, B, CF

Getz, 2B

Fields, 3B

Betemit 1B

Wise, RF

Miller, C

Lillibridge, SS

Owens, LF

Danks, P

Ozzie's first 2009 "Sunday Lineup"

I can dominate this lineup with my 77 MPH fastball and mediocre slider.

QUOTE (scenario @ Mar 29, 2009 -> 03:26 PM)
Chris must have called the official scorer between innings.

a slight case of orlanditis

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Mar 29, 2009 -> 03:31 PM)
Owens may just fall completely out of it today.

How it lasted this long is anyones guess

Edited by kyyle23

Didn't Cabrera say the problem wasn't calling the scorer but contacting someone in the White Sox FO to take up the case for him?

That sounds a lot better than for a player actually trying to call the press box to me...still, glad we've moved on from a financial standpoint and we can't help but be excited about Getz, Ramirez, Lillibridge and Beckham.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 29, 2009 -> 01:31 PM)
Didn't Cabrera say the problem wasn't calling the scorer but contacting someone in the White Sox FO to take up the case for him?

That sounds a lot better than for a player actually trying to call the press box to me...still, glad we've moved on from a financial standpoint and we can't help but be excited about Getz, Ramirez, Lillibridge and Beckham.

I can manage to temper my excitement over Lillibridge

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 29, 2009 -> 03:31 PM)

I could care less how it really happened, the reference is still funny to me. :)

Well, compared to Owens/Wasserman/Gonzalez in 2007, this is like heaven to have all these legitimate prospects.

I think Lillibridge will end up surprising some people...the White Sox seem to have more faith in him than the Braves ever did, that has worked miracles in the last decade with players other organizations have given up on. We'll see if it can happen again this time.

We're just going to have to live with Fields' strikeouts. Not much different than Crede's weak flares to RF or K's.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 29, 2009 -> 01:35 PM)
Well, compared to Owens/Wasserman/Gonzalez in 2007, this is like heaven to have all these legitimate prospects.

.the White Sox seem to have more faith in him than the Braves ever did, that has worked miracles in the last decade with players other organizations have given up on. We'll see if it can happen again this time.

true

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 29, 2009 -> 03:35 PM)

I think Lillibridge will end up surprising some people...the White Sox seem to have more faith in him than the Braves ever did, that has worked miracles in the last decade with players other organizations have given up on. We'll see if it can happen again this time.

Lillibridge could end up getting some ABs in CF

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 29, 2009 -> 01:45 PM)
Since we're talking "fake prospects" and we're playing the D-Backs, I'll add Luis Terrero to the list.

i remember watching a game in 07 where he got a start and the announcer said he was a legit 5-tool prospect

Yes, but so were Julio Ramirez and Kenny Williams, or Jimmy Hurst, going back a bit longer. Seems that with the exception of Sosa and Mike Cameron, we've struggled to produce five tool outfielders...although you could make an argument that Rowand, Ordonez and Lee weren't too bad!

Lillibridge on fire! :-)

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 29, 2009 -> 03:59 PM)
Yes, but so were Julio Ramirez and Kenny Williams, or Jimmy Hurst, going back a bit longer. Seems that with the exception of Sosa and Mike Cameron, we've struggled to produce five tool outfielders...although you could make an argument that Rowand, Ordonez and Lee weren't too bad!

Wow, talking about having a ST that fooled most people. I think he ended up getting a ring with the '02 Angels (or whenever they won it) as a sub