Sox @ Angels, 3:05 PM CT

Jimmywins1

Colon & Contreras pitching today

Looks like the opening day line-up to me.

1) D-Wise, CF

2) Getz, 2B

3) Q! - LF

4) Thome - DH

5) JD - RF

6) Konerko - 1B

7) Alexei - SS

8) AJP - C

9) Fields - 3B

Starting: Colon

1) Figgins - 3B

2) Kendrick - 2B

3) Abreu - LF

4) Guerrero - DH

5) Hunter - CF

6) Morales - 1B

7) Matthews - RF

8) Napoli - C

9) Aybar - SS

Starting: Weaver

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 03:09 PM)
Yeah if only he could suck more. I want to see our players fail.

In spring training, when bad baseball players are awarded starting jobs if they put up decent but meaningless numbers? Sure, why not?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 03:09 PM)

I don't see what's wrong with wanting a guy to suck when the games don't mean anything but the results could influence decisions when the games do matter. The bottom line is the less we see of Dewayne Wise leading off the better. How long do you think he would have to go sucking at the top of the order when the games count for him to be moved down or out? I'm thinking a decent amount of time, and considering the White Sox had zero room for error last year, and the division seems to be more competitive, they don't have much time for experimenting IMO.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 03:11 PM)
In spring training, when bad baseball players are awarded starting jobs if they put up decent but meaningless numbers? Sure, why not?

Well it looks like we're stuck with a s***ty CF unless KW pulls the trigger on a trade. Why hate just for spite? Might as well hope he does well.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 08:09 PM)

was that supposed to be green? I am rooting for him, but i just thought it was funny how 5 minutes ago pretty much everyone on this board(including me) says he was bad for the spot and then he leads off with a double.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 03:13 PM)
Well it looks like we're stuck with a s***ty CF unless KW pulls the trigger on a trade. Why hate just for spite? Might as well hope he does well.

Eh, if someone wants to cheer against a player -- for whatever reason -- in spring training I'm not going to tell them not to or look down on them for doing so.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 03:16 PM)
Eh, if someone wants to cheer against a player -- for whatever reason -- in spring training I'm not going to tell them not to or look down on them for doing so.

Yeah but we both know these critics will continue doing so after opening day.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 04:13 PM)

That^^

I'm not too excited about the idea of Dwayne Wise being our every day CF and leadoff hitter but it is what it is. I'd rather spend my time hoping he does alright than b****ing and moaning about it while hoping he sucks.