Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Georgia's Mohamed Massaquoi was the second wide receiver Bears assistant coach Darryl Drake put through a private workout in as many days Wednesday.

Drake returned to Athens, Ga., where he was an assistant from 1992-1996, to meet with Massaquoi, who is believed to be moving up draft boards into the second round.

On Tuesday, Drake was in Killeen, Texas, where he had what was described as a solid workout with Oklahoma's Juaquin Iglesias. Both will be under consideration by the Bears for the 49th pick in the draft, their first selection.

Sounds like we love Massaqoui. That's the 2nd time we've put him through a workout, if I'm not mistaken.

I watched 3 UGA games last year and he looked like a good WR, but many say that he has bad hands. I wouldn't take him in round 2, but he must be tearing these up since many scouts have him in the 2nd now.

I'd much rather have Iglesias. Go with Delmas in round 2 then best WR there in the 3rd.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 04:03 PM)
Sounds like we love Massaqoui. That's the 2nd time we've put him through a workout, if I'm not mistaken.

I watched 3 UGA games last year and he looked like a good WR, but many say that he has bad hands. I wouldn't take him in round 2, but he must be tearing these up since many scouts have him in the 2nd now.

I'd much rather have Iglesias. Go with Delmas in round 2 then best WR there in the 3rd.

if delmas is there in the second, i agree with you 100%.....our FS position scares the crap out of me right now ....i think Delmas will be gone by then, but maybe not...Id even take Rashad Johnson if hes there too...to be able to get the #1 or 2 FS that late in the draft is worth it IMO. Especially since there likely isn't a huge difference between a guy like Massaquoi and what would be there in the third....although i believe we have one of the last few picks in the third round

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 05:36 AM)
Has UGA produced a good WR since Ward came into the league in 98?

Reggie Brown is ok but nothing worth writing home about.

Please tell me you're kidding.

When was the last time Marshall produced a good WR before Moss? Looking at one's school is not the best way to evaluate talent. I'd say bringing the kid in for a couple workouts is more effective than labeling him and overlooking his talent because he went to Georgia.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 11:14 AM)

When was the last time Marshall produced a good WR before Moss? Looking at one's school is not the best way to evaluate talent. I'd say bringing the kid in for a couple workouts is more effective than labeling him and overlooking his talent because he went to Georgia.

I agree with you...except I agree with him when talking about Florida. The best WR they've ever produced is Cris Collinsworth and now they run a spread offense where running routes correctly isn't that big of a need. Atleast now, Georgia runs a pro style offense and he had a QB there who threw the hell out of the ball in Stafford like he could have here in Cutler.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 12:44 PM)
Homerism alert

Ohio State has produced some damn good WR's over the last few years. Robo wouldnt be a bad pick for them if he falls.

If Delmas and Robiskie are there, who do you go with?

I'm hoping we get Holt so we aren't stuck at this point. If we get Holt, Delmas is the easy choice. Hell, even by getting Holt that means we don't have to go WR until round 4, and instead go DE then FS or vice versa in rounds 2 and 3.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 01:14 PM)

Youre trying to compare Marshall with Georgia? Some schools just dont develop/produce talent at some positions for some reason. At UGA, its the WR position. Maybe its the coaching but its something to look at. Florida has the stigma of having busts in the pros but atleast they got guys who can get drafted. I think UGA has had 2 guys since 2000 drafted from the WR position.

I've watched Georgia numerous times because I like watching them for some reason. Massaquoi is not a second round draft pick, probably shouldnt be a third rounder either but he'll test well and scouts will like that. He's doesnt play well when going across the middle. 4 years in college and still has trouble catching the ball. For a "No. 1" receiver, he disappears for long periods of times throughout a season.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 01:50 PM)

I'm hoping we get Holt so we aren't stuck at this point. If we get Holt, Delmas is the easy choice. Hell, even by getting Holt that means we don't have to go WR until round 4, and instead go DE then FS or vice versa in rounds 2 and 3.

I probably go with Robiskie based on the level of competition and what I've seen from them. WR's in the MAC are very hit or miss, and Robo was very competitive with already successful NFL WR's when he was a freshman and soph along side of them. One thing you have to know about the MAC is only about maybe half of the teams actually play defense.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 02:23 PM)
I probably go with Robiskie based on the level of competition and what I've seen from them. WR's in the MAC are very hit or miss, and Robo was very competitive with already successful NFL WR's when he was a freshman and soph along side of them. One thing you have to know about the MAC is only about maybe half of the teams actually play defense.

Delmas is a FS, not a WR.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 12:50 PM)

If we sign a WR (particularly Holt), then I'd definitely go Delmas. If we don't sign a WR, I'd like to go Robiskie.

However, I don't think either will be around when we pick.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 02:55 PM)
Delmas is a FS, not a WR.

Whoops. My mistake. My point still stands that OSU has put the most players in the NFL in the last 5 years, and probably more than the entire MAC. I still pick Robo.

Edited by RockRaines

According to the National Football Post's Michael Lombardi, the Browns have offers on the table for both Brady Quinn and Braylon Edwards and will likely move both players.

One team has reportedly made a standing offer of a first-round pick for Quinn, which the Browns will likely accept. They also have a package of at least a first-round pick on the table for Braylon Edwards, and Lombardi expects him to be dealt sometime this offseason. It's clear now that the Browns are in full-blown rebuilding mode after Phil Savage left the roster in shambles. Apr. 12 - 9:02 am et

Source: National Football Post

I'd love Braylon on the Bears, but we don't have a 1st round pick to deal.

/Michigan homer

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 11:28 AM)
As a Steelers fan, I love seeing the joke of a franchise that Cleveland has become since rejoining the league. However, as a Texas Tech fan, I'm terrified of Crabtree ending up in Cleveland.

I still think that the Rams are going to take Crabtree at 2. Although they are in desperate need of a franchise LT (Jason Smith), they also have no WR's besides Donnie Avery. Crabtree will put a**es in seats there and will sell jerseys.