Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Apr 23, 2009 -> 03:00 PM)
Tony Gonzalez traded to Falcons for a second rounder breaking news on the top of ESPN.com

Good pickup for them

f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** f***.

For a second round pick next year? That's it?

f*** this team, i'm so sick of them.

Curry better fall to us at 3.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 23, 2009 -> 02:40 PM)
I dont think many people saw him falling into the second round like its been projected lately. He will be a very good NFL player.

I haven't seen any places where he hasn't fallen into the second round, I think its safe to say there is very little chance he goes in round 1.

I will add though that I am one of the few that thinks he will be a good pro player and would be thrilled if Miami landed him in round 2. From most I have seen though, they have him as another over hyped Ohio State product.

Edited by T R U

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 03:17 PM)
anyone get as jacked about the draft every year as me? Cuz right now, I can't wait for it to start

NFL draft > SB

The SB has become one gigantic freak show. The actual game has become almost secondary. The NFL draft is football purists dream come true.

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Apr 23, 2009 -> 02:00 PM)
Tony Gonzalez traded to Falcons for a second rounder breaking news on the top of ESPN.com

Good pickup for them

More like great pickup for them. That offense has a chance to be pretty devastating. I also like this move from the Chiefs perspective. They've got no chance of winning for at least a couple years. Getting a second round pick for a 33-year old TE (although he's still a stud) is pretty good value to me.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 24, 2009 -> 11:52 AM)
Sounds like Jags want out of #8 pick. Don't want to pay the contract.

And ESPN has a blurb stating that the Broncos are looking to trade to get a higher pick to draft Sanchez. So they may be trading partners.

Boldin available for cheaper price

The Arizona Cardinals have reduced their trade demands for disgruntled receiver Anquan Boldin to a second-round pick in Saturday's draft and other considerations and are talking to at least three teams who seem to be newly interested, two sources told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio on Friday.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 23, 2009 -> 09:34 PM)
NFL draft > SB

The SB has become one gigantic freak show. The actual game has become almost secondary. The NFL draft is football purists dream come true.

Actually I'll go the exact opposite. They string out the NFL Draft way too long. It needs to be cut down and teams don't need that much time in between picks, imo. I know they've already made some adjustments but as things drag out its pretty ridiculous that the first round takes as long as it does (than again, these franchises are making a big investment on these guys, however, with the months they have to do the homework I would think pretty much every team has lists to the extent that they know for the most part exactly who they are going to draft come draft day (although the ocassional surprise happens). So really the only reason you need time is for trades.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 23, 2009 -> 04:10 PM)
I think Harvin would be bad for the Bears in the sense that they are still developing Hester into a WR. It's much harder to try and concentrate on two pretty raw WR's. If Hester was almost complete as a WR, I'd say the Bears should go after Harvin and have those two return kickoffs(I still don't get why Hester lost PR duties).

Because he didn't do anything last year and frankly Danieal Manning > Hester in 2008.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 24, 2009 -> 03:48 PM)
Actually I'll go the exact opposite. They string out the NFL Draft way too long. It needs to be cut down and teams don't need that much time in between picks, imo. I know they've already made some adjustments but as things drag out its pretty ridiculous that the first round takes as long as it does (than again, these franchises are making a big investment on these guys, however, with the months they have to do the homework I would think pretty much every team has lists to the extent that they know for the most part exactly who they are going to draft come draft day (although the ocassional surprise happens). So really the only reason you need time is for trades.

I hate when teams know who they're going to pick but still use almost the full 15 minutes (or 10 minutes). When teams already have their first pick signed they should never, ever be using any more than 5 minutes.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 24, 2009 -> 12:50 PM)
I don't like the idea of giving up another pick and I do think Boldin has a lot of injury concerns, but I wouldn't be opposed to giving up a 2nd round pick for Boldin.

I wonder if there's a physical reason for his price dropping.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 24, 2009 -> 12:55 PM)
agreed. But I worry about the cap implications.

The Bears should be fine on cap room for the foreseeable future. The big worry for next year was going to be that they didn't have a QB under contract, and they might get stuck franchising Orton just to avoid losing him. They've been aggressive with extensions and making sure they used up the cap every year. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cutler extended on this year's cap before the end of October, depending on whatever moves they make. They could easily trade for Boldin, extend Boldin, probably extend Cutler, and maybe still have some room for some lower level FA's if they wanted to spend the money.

And that doesn't include any thoughts of next year being uncapped.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Apr 24, 2009 -> 03:04 PM)
What time will it be when the bears actually pick tomorrow?

Teams are allowed 10 minutes for a first round pick, and 7 minutes for a second round pick.

So, assuming no trades (which resets the clock) and every team takes the full time allotted, then the bears will be picking 7.2 hours into the draft, which is is sometime after 4:10pm central.

EDIT: I read the wrogn start time (Day 2 starts at 9am) Day 1 starts at 3pm, per wikipedia. So the Bears draft at about 10:10pm... good lord!

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 24, 2009 -> 02:28 PM)
Especially since were trading our second round pick for Boldin.....

I wish...

You shouldn't wish

Its beyond dumb to give away all your draft picks for players. Its even sillier to think that works.

You build your team through the draft, not trading picks. It hasn't worked out for Washington, it wont work out here either. I doubt the Bears are in those talks anyways.

And seeing that its going to take 3-4 hours to get to pick #25.. it could feel like an eternity before you get to see the Bears do something.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 24, 2009 -> 02:32 PM)
Teams are allowed 10 minutes for a first round pick, and 7 minutes for a second round pick.

So, assuming no trades (which resets the clock) and every team takes the full time allotted, then the bears will be picking 7.2 hours into the draft, which is is sometime after 4:10pm central.

Are you sure about that?

Im pretty sure I heard the draft starts at like 3 pm central time