Getz takes the leadoff spot

soxfan3530

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AJ hit second in over half the team's games last year, why would it be anyone else? He's not going to get on base AT ALL but he should be able to handle the bat better than Wise.

Getz 2B

Pierzynski C

Quentin LF

Thome DH

Dye RF

Konerko 1B

Ramirez SS

Wise CF

Fields 3B

Danks P

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 10:00 AM)
At this point the Sox should just trade or release BA. If they're not even going to use him as a late inning defensive replacement he has zero role with this org, give the guy a chance to latch on with a team and contribute

yeah....no

Wise will work his way out of the lineup. Its been 2 games, and Wise is already out of the leadoff role, his defense(or lack thereof) in CF will force Ozzie to move BA there as well.

Wow that was quick. But great news. Getz seems to have the tools to leadoff. I never understood the "not mentally prepared to handle the leadoff spot" thing. Apparently, Wise wasn't prepared either.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 10:02 AM)
yeah....no

Wise will work his way out of the lineup. Its been 2 games, and Wise is already out of the leadoff role, his defense(or lack thereof) in CF will force Ozzie to move BA there as well.

In no way do I want BA to be gone, I think his defense can add alot to this team, especially with the current CF situation in such poor shape, but I have seen nothing to indicate Ozzie will ever give him a shot

It just annoys me that this team is one key acquisition away from running away with this division and KW didn't do anything to take advantage of a very weak year in the AL Central. There are a handful of teams that would have pounced on the opportunity this year if they were in our shoes (i.e., Mets, Cubs, Yanks, etc)

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 09:54 AM)
Chris Getz isn't mentally ready to hit in the leadoff spot . . . unless of course Dewayne Wise goes 0-fer in his first 8 plate appearances.

Getz should have less pressure in the lead off spot now, he can't do worse than the 0fer the last guy put up.

Well, if you see Anderson NOT playing against a lefty, you can ask that question...and it would be a valid one.

If Wise continues to struggle against RHP, Ozzie might not have much of a choice. There's absolutely no reason to trade BA...he's our only insurance for Wise failing, which is 90% likely.

Do we want Josh Kroeger in CF? I hope that doesn't happen, as well as Kroeger hit this spring, he might be worse than Mackowiak out there in CF.

Betemit was one of our most dangerous hitters in the spring and nobody's asking Ozzie to bench him for Betemit against tough righties like Greinke. Just give things a couple of weeks to shake out...even less if Wise continues to take O fers and stab at bunts.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 10:09 AM)
So can we all get on Ozzie on Twitter or something and ask him what's the beef with BA....I mean seriously he had to have done something, he has been in the doghouse for 3 years now

The only thing I've ever heard about it was on here and it has something to do with BA getting one of his sons into a fight when they were out one night.... I have ZERO idea if any of that is true, it is just what I've seen here.