Twins (2-2) @ White Sox (1-2) 7:11pm CSN

WSoxMatt

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quentin's swing is not just long, but slow. He just had a f***ing meatball and was way behind it. He looks horrific. All swing and so far in the regular season. I hope he recovers early, but in the meantime the Sox are going to have to get him down in the lineup. Boy I hope I'm wrong.

QUOTE (tommy @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 07:27 PM)
Making him throw some pitches so far.

The problem is that knuckleballers don't throw hard enough to wear themselves out on a normal pitch count.

He could probably toss that garbage up there all night.

QUOTE (PlunketChris @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 05:29 PM)
are we already turning on the golden boy!? did i miss the memo?

I am, he looks horrific up there ever since coming back from injury. Swing is long and slow and you can tell he's still aways away. I still love Q, just stating facts.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 07:29 PM)
I am, he looks horrific up there ever since coming back from injury. Swing is long and slow and you can tell he's still aways away. I still love Q, just stating facts.

I don't think he'll be as productive this year as he was last year. I hope I'm wrong though.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 07:31 PM)
Ya, CQ couldn't turn around an 85MPH fastball. But good eye there to take the walk. Hopefully THome can deliver. I smell a double.

seeing 70-72 then 85, would be like seeing 79-80 then 95, i doubt it had anything to do with him "not being able to turn around an 85mph fastball"

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 07:29 PM)

Everyone on the team looks horrific with a bat right now. I reserve judgment until someone breaks the team-wide slump.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 05:32 PM)
seeing 70-72 then 85, would be like seeing 79-80 then 95, i doubt it had anything to do with him "not being able to turn around an 85mph fastball"

Agree to an extent, except, its usually pretty obvious to see whether the guy is throwing the knuckle ball or the fastball. That was ugly by Thome, pitch started out of the zone and stayed there. Please Dye. Doh...leadoff f***ing double stranded. Pathetic.