Joe Crede, you are awesome

witesoxfan

I have been an anti Joe Crede person on this board. I am opening this thread only for good memories of Joe Crede, Sox uniform or not. I'll start...

I remember Joe Crede driving in 7 runs in 2 innings in the first year he really came up. I believe it was 2002 against the Blue Jays. I recall the Sox being down 4-1, Crede coming up with 2 on, and the son of a b**** hit a homer. In the bottom of the 10th, Crede came up with the bases loaded, and hit a granny. From that point forward, I knew the Sox had a keeper, and he helped do the unimaginable.

I would like Kalapse to post in this thread as well, because he is not opinionated enough, instead basing most decisions on raw black and white statistics. I have called you out, and you shall respond.

yes im drunk

My greatest memories of Joe come from the home run Joe hit against the Indians (and David Riske, was it?) in late September of 05' and carrying through the post season.

I then bought an authentic road Crede jersey which I proudly wore a few times to games in the 06' season, including to the opener.

Some scoundrels then broke into my apartment in May of 06'. They stole flat screens from my roommates, and my authentic road Crede jersey, complete with World Series patch, from my closet.

Of all the despicable things to do to a man.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 06:28 AM)
My greatest memories of Joe come from the home run Joe hit against the Indians (and David Riske, was it?) in late September of 05' and carrying through the post season.

I then bought an authentic road Crede jersey which I proudly wore a few times to games in the 06' season, including to the opener.

Some scoundrels then broke into my apartment in May of 06'. They stole flat screens from my roommates, and my authentic road Crede jersey, complete with World Series patch, from my closet.

Of all the despicable things to do to a man.

This is my favorite Joe memory also, by far. It was one of the rare times I sat in upper deck.

I just really loved watching him play third base. He was a sliver under Ventura defensively, overall, but I really like watching a very good 3B with the glove. And Crede was very good, until his back started really getting to him.

I also really, really wish I had been in that bar to hear Crede say "PLAY SOME f***ING JOURNEY!!!"

Joe, thanks for your big part in the WS in 2005, and for everything else.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 03:34 AM)
I have been an anti Joe Crede person on this board. I am opening this thread only for good memories of Joe Crede, Sox uniform or not. I'll start...

I remember Joe Crede driving in 7 runs in 2 innings in the first year he really came up. I believe it was 2002 against the Blue Jays. I recall the Sox being down 4-1, Crede coming up with 2 on, and the son of a b**** hit a homer. In the bottom of the 10th, Crede came up with the bases loaded, and hit a granny. From that point forward, I knew the Sox had a keeper, and he helped do the unimaginable.

I would like Kalapse to post in this thread as well, because he is not opinionated enough, instead basing most decisions on raw black and white statistics. I have called you out, and you shall respond.

yes im drunk

I was at that game, it was awesome!!!

Injury or no injury I firmly believe that Josh Fields will have a better year than Crede this year and everyone hereafter. I think Josh Fields is still learning the game and getting better. He looks as good if not better than Joe Crede at this age as I always felt Joe ran into one more than hitting a pitcher. The Crede pop out on pitches he should have crushed made me ill. I liked Joe but I always felt he was overrated offensively. I think Fields can learn to be that good defensivley as he seems more than willing to work hard and do what it takes.

I appreciate Crede but I think in the long run Fields can be a better player. Batting second will do wonders for Josh as he seems to be looking to simply put the ball in play which is good.

The Living on a Prayer after the Crede HR in that game was awesome.

Also the White Sox do not win the World Series without Crede and for that I will always like him.

Edited by Jenks Heat

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 09:37 AM)
I think Twins fans have seen a bit of how much Crede has eroded in the past few years.

I couldn't believe Crede didn't get Thome's foul pop up at the tarp. He should have been able to make that catch with his eyes closed. It's not like he didn't know where the tarp was.

I was at Friday night's game, his first back as a Twin. They did a little montage before the game during warmups and said "Thanks for 9 seasons and a WS championship."

The guy was blushing and clearly embarrassed (in a good way). My sister next to me teared up. Standing ovation. The whole ball of wax. Unfortunately it was pregame, and super cold, so stadium wasn't too full.

After his first at-bat though, no more ovations :x.

Edited by Maverick0984

No thank you. And I'll be honest; I do take some offense to your characterizing me as someone who relies solely on statistics, my second favorite player of the 90's was Mike f***ing Caruso for Christ's sake. That guy was a statistical train wreck.