Sox at Tigers April 15th game thread 12:05 scheduled first pitch

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 03:19 PM)
I bet it will be lower than that. Between $60-70 million unless they lose 100 games this year and they have to sign someone significant to keep at least a few people paying $23 to park.

If that happens, I'll be speechless. That would be a horrible way to run the team...

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 01:11 PM)
Coming into today's game he had 2 so far this year. Actually 4 with 2 BB, and I'm sure all his AB against RHP is very scattered. Before he's hung, I think he needs a chance to play for a little while like all the other guys. He obviously has ability.

I've been asking for that for a couple years now, I just don't think it will happen with us.

Another long season of saying everyone sucks, then when we win the Division it was the greatest job by our GM and manager ever...Been there done that, old conversation retread once again...I forget the goal is to lose only 20 games or less

Edited by WSoxMatt

Hopefully we'll play .500 on the road and start winning series at home.

That said ... just end the MacDougal experiment. Just kick him out the door and let the Yankess pick him up so he can finally rejuvenate like Swisher.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 04:52 PM)
That said ... just end the MacDougal experiment. Just kick him out the door and let the Yankess pick him up so he can finally rejuvenate like Swisher.

Funny to think that Swisher has a lower ERA than Mac, isn't it?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 06:43 PM)
I wonder if the Sox have ever sent MacDougal to a sports shrink. I know I would.

Maybe they can send BA there together with Ozzie/Walker and also Lillibridge, Ramirez and Owens for some needed interventions.

Maestri (Italian, but not related to the "Maestro" from Seinfeld) has now walked Mr. Beckham twice. This time, Beckham didn't even have a pitch to swing at.

Fear THE Reaper/Slayer.

Edited by caulfield12