4/28/09 Mariners @ White Sox - Game 1, WGN

maggsmaggs

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WSoxMatt @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 11:45 AM)
Lillibridge-4

Fields-5

Quentin-DH

Dye-9

Konerko-3

Pierzynski-2

Ramirez-6

Anderson-8

Owens-9

Danks-1

Anderson in CF and Owens in right? Are you suggesting or saying that's official?

So Thome's getting two days off in 3 days? Makes me think something is going on with his back. This is ridiculous though...play Quentin in LF, and get Betemit in the f***ing lineup. This is the one game you better make sure you win in this series, and this is a pretty discouraging lineup.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 01:59 PM)
So Thome's getting two days off in 3 days? Makes me think something is going on with his back. This is ridiculous though...play Quentin in LF, and get Betemit in the f***ing lineup. This is the one game you better make sure you win in this series, and this is a pretty discouraging lineup.

I am with you on the Betemit idea. Why in the heck is he not playing? While BA has been playing better, under normal circumstances that is an easy 3 outs in a row for 8-9-1. Ouch. Ozzie can stick his slap hitters you know where. Has he been watching Mike Scioscia manage or something? Also, did he not see Betemit hit all those homers in ST? He should of used that hot streak to his advantage...but whatever. /end rant.

Edited by BFirebird

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 01:59 PM)

Agreed, I just don't get it. It's really not that difficult to incorporate him into the lineup.

Lillibridge 2B

Fields 3B

Quentin LF

Dye RF

Konerko 1B/DH

Betemit DH/1B

Pierzynski C

Anderson CF

Ramirez SS

And if you MUST DH Quentin then stick Betemit at 2B for the day. I doubt he kills you there and his pop against some s***ty righty starter would be much appreciated with Thome out of the lineup.

Lillibridge LF/CF

Fields 3B

Quentin DH

Dye RF

Konerko 1B

Betemit 2B

Pierzynski C

Anderson CF/LF

Ramirez SS

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 02:07 PM)
Is this Seattle's only trip here? It would suck to not get to face their worst pitcher.

After a quick peak at the calender I believe this is their only trip to Chicago. Unfortunately for me, it looks like they are going to hold out on this game as long as possible because of that. It could be a long night in the bullpen sports bar waiting for this thing to start.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 02:10 PM)
Agreed, I just don't get it. It's really not that difficult to incorporate him into the lineup.

Lillibridge 2B

Fields 3B

Quentin LF

Dye RF

Konerko 1B/DH

Betemit DH/1B

Pierzynski C

Anderson CF

Ramirez SS

And if you MUST DH Quentin then stick Betemit at 2B for the day. I doubt he kills you there and his pop against some s***ty righty will be much appreciated with Thome out of the lineup.

Lillibridge LF/CF

Fields 3B

Quentin DH

Dye RF

Konerko 1B

Betemit 2B

Pierzynski C

Anderson CF/LF

Ramirez SS

Both of those look a heck of a lot better to me. Jakubauskas is a righty too isn't he? Betemit would be hitting from the left side as well.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 02:11 PM)
After a quick peak at the calender I believe this is their only trip to Chicago. Unfortunately for me, it looks like they are going to hold out on this game as long as possible because of that. It could be a long night in the bullpen sports bar waiting for this thing to start.

And that's a bad thing, why?......