4/28/09 Mariners @ White Sox - Game 1, WGN

maggsmaggs

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IamPabloOzuna @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 06:17 PM)
so just to clarify (ive never had this happen before)...my tickets can be used tomorrow after they were already scanned today?

Since it is NOT a day/night DH tomorrow, I think just tickets meant for tomorrows game can be used. You will have to exchange yours. Don't hold me to that though.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 06:22 PM)
Since it is NOT a day/night DH tomorrow, I think just tickets meant for tomorrows game can be used. You will have to exchange yours. Don't hold me to that though.

any idea where the best place to figure this out would be? seeing as i have less than 20 hours to figure it out...

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 06:32 PM)
Tonight's tickets are no good for tomorrow. You have to exchange them for a different seat for a different game.

If you have tickets for tomorrow, you have two games for the price of one.

This is true. I was around the Public Relations booth when they made the announcement. I plan on leaving work early and exchanging my tickets for tomorrow's DH!

QUOTE (earthshiner @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 05:33 PM)
cool, a real double header. I wonder if we'll see of these cause of the economy. You know, not try to milk the fans outta more money

Yeah this is interesting. cant remember the last time they threw the games back to back with half-hour break.

Has there ever been a time where they push a game time UP? For instance, if the normal start time is 7:11, but there's supposed to be rain coming in around 9, has MLB ever pushed a game up an hour to 6? Just curious.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 10:58 AM)
Has there ever been a time where they push a game time UP? For instance, if the normal start time is 7:11, but there's supposed to be rain coming in around 9, has MLB ever pushed a game up an hour to 6? Just curious.

Its probably happened but I can't remember it. It would have to be some major storm though. I have a feeling if Monday night wasn't a half-priced night, tonight would not be a regular DH.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 04:22 PM)
I almost wish we'd had Danksy lined up for that one. It would be a great story.

I doubt many Texas fans would jump on that "great" adjective... but nonetheless, I still look forward to BMac's induction to Spring Training HOF someday.

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 01:58 PM)
I've got tickets for Game 2. I should be there for the tail end of Game 1. Plus, as a bonus, Ginger Zee will be there!!

Ginger is nice on the eyes. I was at a rooftop event last year during the cubs - sox series. Unfortunately she was cheering for the wrong team. But she looks great in person.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 02:29 PM)
If Wilson Betemit is not in the lineup for Game 2 tonight, I will take a sign that says Free Wilson Betemit to the game tomorrow.

Is it his lack of small-ball-itude? Bopper who works counts and plays unimpressive defense at 4 infield positions can't get no love on this team.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 02:44 PM)
Get well soon Chris, having Jerry Owens (especially Jerry f***ing Owens) or Brent Lillibridge at the top of the lineup is nothing short of embarrassing.

Indeed. How many other major league teams would even consider plopping one of those 2 in their lineup...and to lead off?

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 08:44 PM)
Get well soon Chris, having Jerry Owens (especially Jerry f***ing Owens) or Brent Lillibridge at the top of the lineup is nothing short of embarrassing.

It really is amazing how the absence of Getz and Thome makes this lineup go from formidable to laughable.