Your tricks to maximizing your USCF experience

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 02:07 PM)
One last thing. If you decide to go and don't mind a little uncertainty, wait until an hour or two before game time and see if there are any prime seats that got released by players at last minute. Some really great seats on the infield free up at face around this time.

I remember tickets getting released about an hour or half an hour before the game. I've done it a few times but haven't done it in about a year or so so I'm kind of hazy on the times. I know I've gone to the park, the parking people have said it was sold out and I was able to score some released tickets with this method.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 03:34 PM)
Thanks a bunch for answering, Pants, I appreciate it.

If you don't mind, can I ask one more question?

About how much do these "players released" tickets cost? You said half off or something like that, but about how much would that end up being?

Sorry for being a pain, I just never brought tickets for seats that close before. :)

Sorry I missed this. They are not half off or anything like that. They are face, which is going to be more expensive than any other seat (other than scout seats, Jim Beam, bells and whistles stuff.) but still a $50-$60 ticket behind or right around home plate is great. This is especially true when your alternatives might be the OF corners or UD for not that much lower a price.

Lindy's Chili

Take the train/bus

Park at De La Salle

get kids club packs even if you don't have kids, go to a weekday day game and move around to a better seat

don't abuse my suggestions because I like to use them :(

I took my 5-year-old brother (4 at the time) for his 1st games, 4 altogether, last season and he luved it. Dye hit a homer at his 1st game so that's his favorite player. He's adorable in his Quentin t-shirt. He likes to get nachos. He sits through almost the whole game, probably because he's used to watching them on TV with me too, but I usually bring some Hot Wheels or action figures for him in case he gets bored and walk around with him, especially to the kids Fundamentals section.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 05:58 PM)
Lindy's Chili

Take the train/bus

Park at De La Salle

get kids club packs even if you don't have kids, go to a weekday day game and move around to a better seat

don't abuse my suggestions because I like to use them :(

I took my 5-year-old brother (4 at the time) for his 1st games, 4 altogether, last season and he luved it. Dye hit a homer at his 1st game so that's his favorite player. He's adorable in his Quentin t-shirt. He likes to get nachos. He sits through almost the whole game, probably because he's used to watching them on TV with me too, but I usually bring some Hot Wheels or action figures for him in case he gets bored and walk around with him, especially to the kids Fundamentals section.

So there are others, huh? My 4 year old son is a huge fan and can sit through a whole game and ask questions that are Jermaine, er germane to the action. I am so confident that he would not mess up a game experience for me that I took him to the first home playoff game last year. It was a make-up since I left him home for the blackout game. He was pissed at me for days about that. He loves AJ, Jermaine, CQ, and especially "Alisay". Even asks when Dayan Viciedo is going to play.

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 07:42 PM)
So there are others, huh? My 4 year old son is a huge fan and can sit through a whole game and ask questions that are Jermaine, er germane to the action. I am so confident that he would not mess up a game experience for me that I took him to the first home playoff game last year. It was a make-up since I left him home for the blackout game. He was pissed at me for days about that. He loves AJ, Jermaine, CQ, and especially "Alisay". Even asks when Dayan Viciedo is going to play.

Last night my parents fell asleep with the Bulls game on in their room, and he managed to sneak in and watch the overtimes. When I saw him get out of the bathroom after peeing before the 3rd OT started, he whispered "They're tied" He should have been asleep by 9, but how could I be mad?? Today after his soccer practice, he asked me if I saw Joakim Noah's dunk....

Start them early! He was watching Bulls DVDs with me since he was 3 so he knows about MJ, Pippen, and Rodman ("his hair is crazy"), and it was too cute when he asked my why Jordan doesn't play with Derrick Rose, Kirk Hinrich, Tyrus Thomas, and Joakim Noah (he calls them by their full names a lot lol).

This is a great thread. If you really want to skimp on parking call Mario Scalise (Molto255) and annoy him enough until he gives you a neighborhood parking pass.

Ricobene breaded steak sandwich with the extra red sauce... oh my, that is a meal and a probable precursor to heart disease.

What's that Italian Beef/Sausage place just north of the park? It's on the left coming from the south. You can park on a dead end street and walk over. You order from outside, then go into an enclosed picnic style area to eat.

Is that Al's?

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 05:42 PM)

One of the first things I can remember is going to a game for the wrong team in Chicago when I was 4. Had front row seats, missed a foul ball with my glove as it was going by, had it handed to me by one of the guys from the team I won't mention. Think it was Sandberg in hindsight.

QUOTE (SnB @ May 2, 2009 -> 03:50 PM)
i work right next to the ricobene's in orland and have tried to like the steak sandwich and just always leave dissapointed :(

I ate the Ricobene's in Bollingbrook recently and it wasn't nearly as good as the one I go to by the cell... i dunno maybe it was my imagination.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ May 2, 2009 -> 04:10 PM)
I ate the Ricobene's in Bollingbrook recently and it wasn't nearly as good as the one I go to by the cell... i dunno maybe it was my imagination.

The one is Darien isn't as good either. It will do but it's not the same somehow.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 2, 2009 -> 06:01 PM)
What's that Italian Beef/Sausage place just north of the park? It's on the left coming from the south. You can park on a dead end street and walk over. You order from outside, then go into an enclosed picnic style area to eat.

Is that Al's?

Anyone?

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ May 1, 2009 -> 11:37 PM)
Last night my parents fell asleep with the Bulls game on in their room, and he managed to sneak in and watch the overtimes. When I saw him get out of the bathroom after peeing before the 3rd OT started, he whispered "They're tied" He should have been asleep by 9, but how could I be mad?? Today after his soccer practice, he asked me if I saw Joakim Noah's dunk....

Start them early! He was watching Bulls DVDs with me since he was 3 so he knows about MJ, Pippen, and Rodman ("his hair is crazy"), and it was too cute when he asked my why Jordan doesn't play with Derrick Rose, Kirk Hinrich, Tyrus Thomas, and Joakim Noah (he calls them by their full names a lot lol).

That is great stuff. Sounds a lot like my boy. Mischievous but harmless.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 04:49 PM)
I honestly think that with a little one like ours will be, who can't walk around or get bored yet, it may be easier than with a 3 year old. But I am mentally prepared for missing most of the game for one reason or another.

Bri's been going since she was 5 months old and not being able to get around on her own was a big plus. Getting her into the routine that young has also helped now that she can get around. Now she just sits or stands on my lap clapping and yelling "White Soxxxxx". We've started potty training so sometimes she wants to go try, but as long as I have enough snacks and her juice she's great.

QUOTE (Steff @ May 14, 2009 -> 01:30 PM)
Bri's been going since she was 5 months old and not being able to get around on her own was a big plus. Getting her into the routine that young has also helped now that she can get around. Now she just sits or stands on my lap clapping and yelling "White Soxxxxx". We've started potty training so sometimes she wants to go try, but as long as I have enough snacks and her juice she's great.

Awesome. Mom of the year!!!! I hope my kids first words are White Sox. Everything going good Steff? Its been too long.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 14, 2009 -> 03:33 PM)
Awesome. Mom of the year!!!! I hope my kids first words are White Sox. Everything going good Steff? Its been too long.

Well, her first word was kitty, but the Sox have taken over her vocabulary after 26 spring training games, LOL. Things are great. Busy, busy, busy.

QUOTE (Scwible @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 12:54 PM)
I remember tickets getting released about an hour or half an hour before the game. I've done it a few times but haven't done it in about a year or so so I'm kind of hazy on the times. I know I've gone to the park, the parking people have said it was sold out and I was able to score some released tickets with this method.

They have changed this to 40 minutes to game time, but you can go to any ticket window and request them. Ask for avaliable player released tickets, and whatever you do behave. Several times already this year there have been arrests of unrulely fans between 132 and 135. Great seats though. Worth the $ if you don't mind the net.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 2, 2009 -> 04:01 PM)

Is that Al's?

I believe that is Al's (the one with a bunch of pennant flags in the parking lot?) I can't ever tell what their deal is though, it seems like they are very rarely open before and after games which makes very little sense. Wasn't sure if they were feeling the financial hurt or whathaveu, but it seems like it's always a crap shoot on wheter or not they are open.

QUOTE (Steff @ May 14, 2009 -> 03:30 PM)

Awesome :headbang

QUOTE (knightni @ May 2, 2009 -> 04:01 PM)

Is that Al's?

How far North are you talking? Like 31st st?