4/28/09 Mariners @ Sox: Game Two

maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 02:34 AM)
Stone is calling AJ's pitches from the booth. You can even tell that Stone and Hawk and indirectly insulting his play-calling by complimenting Miller from game one.

Ha...I like calling for the change-up again to Bettancourt after he homered against it earlier. Danks is going to get pulled soon...no reason to push him tonight, as this game is over.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 01:37 AM)
Jesus Christ, they're tagging him.

Either he's tipping his pitches or Seattle is reading Pierzynski's calls.

It's more like he has thrown almost every freaking change-up high in the zone. Just not his night...hopefully he rebounds against Texas and the streaking Kevin Millwood.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 06:31 PM)
Yeah, he's making our hitters look silly. He's throwing a very nasty 94 mph sinker right now, and hasn't even really thrown a lot of his nasty offspeed stuff. If our offense doesn't wake up though, we're going to have a terrible road trip coming up. You can't expect to win 3-2 games at Texas. And please...........NO MORE LILLIBRIDGE AND OWENS. I like Hawk's reaction after Lillibridge's last AB. In a very somber voice, he goes "Lillibridge now 5 for (long pause) 35".

i knew he wasn't a slugger in ATL, but i thought he was better than this at the plate.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 08:38 PM)
It's more like he has thrown almost every freaking change-up high in the zone. Just not his night...hopefully he rebounds against Texas and the streaking Kevin Millwood.

Even with a few high changeups, he has had command of his fastball both ends of the plate. It just seems every fastball is tagged, and with Stone calling Pierzynski's pitches it'd seem reasonable that Seattle atleast knows whats coming.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 02:40 AM)
i knew he wasn't a slugger in ATL, but i thought he was better than this at the plate.

Really? He batted .220 in the minors last year. People that saw him hit said they never saw him hit the ball with any authority.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 08:05 PM)
Is it any wonder that another game with AJP behind the plate, and another terrible performance by our pitcher?

Corky Miller's CERA is 1.70 in his 37 innings behind the plate this season. As for AJ, well lets just say it's over 5.50.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 09:38 PM)
if he was a nobody, i would assume we could scrape together a few runs.

The higher the ERA, the less likely we are to hit the pitcher. The Sox are weird like that.

side note:

I had knee surgery this morning to repair a broken patella I got playing softball last week. The boss just sent me a gift box with a card that said, "Ease his pain..." In the box are DVD's of FIELD OF DREAMS, THE NATURAL, EIGHT MEN OUT, THE ROOKIE, LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN and the complete box set of the 2005 world series. I don't have the heart to tell him that i have that box set already, so if anyone would like it, send me a message and i'll ship it to you.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 10:03 PM)
side note:

I had knee surgery this morning to repair a broken patella I got playing softball last week. The boss just sent me a gift box with a card that said, "Ease his pain..." In the box are DVD's of FIELD OF DREAMS, THE NATURAL, EIGHT MEN OUT, THE ROOKIE, LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN and the complete box set of the 2005 world series. I don't have the heart to tell him that i have that box set already, so if anyone would like it, send me a message and i'll ship it to you.

Your boss is pretty bad ass.