4/28/09 Mariners @ Sox: Game Two

maggsmaggs

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 09:03 PM)
side note:

I had knee surgery this morning to repair a broken patella I got playing softball last week. The boss just sent me a gift box with a card that said, "Ease his pain..." In the box are DVD's of FIELD OF DREAMS, THE NATURAL, EIGHT MEN OUT, THE ROOKIE, LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN and the complete box set of the 2005 world series. I don't have the heart to tell him that i have that box set already, so if anyone would like it, send me a message and i'll ship it to you.

Ouch, how did you fracture the patella. Diving for a ball, landing on a base,.....?

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 02:48 AM)
time to start tracking the other games - yankees punking the kitties. Minny up one, CLE and BOS tied. KC getting shut out. Chance to actually not lose any ground tonight.

After 20 games, we're going to be 10-10. We've not played good baseball lately, but it's painfully obvious that if we have any injury issues this season, we're done.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 07:52 PM)
After 20 games, we're going to be 10-10. We've not played good baseball lately, but it's painfully obvious that if we have any injury issues this season, we're done.

no doubt. I am encouraged by Colon tho, I thought he wasn't getting the calls in BAL with that fastball tailing back to the plate on LH. If he doesn't get that call he's screwed, he can't overpower LH anymore.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 04:16 AM)
Man, I'm almost embarrassed to be a White Sox fan whenever Broadway takes the mound.

Why in the hell are Broadway and Owens back on the 25 man roster?

We have something like 7 hits in our last 23 innings at the plate. This team desperately needs a spark.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 04:27 AM)
See when we struggle to score, and get retired consistantly in order, this is the kind of pitcher I can live with. Not Jakamakas or whatever his name is.

Exactly, everyone's willing to accept that Felix is way too good for our lineup. It's just when the likes of Eaton, Tallot, Jjjjjagldkagkg shut down our lineup, that's when you begin to worry.