GAME THREAD: 4/29, 1:05pm start, vs SEA

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not BA fan, but he goes 0 for 7 in the DH and now Lillibridge is a better bet to do some damage leading off?

God, this sucks not having Getz playing. When he does come back, we can't really know what to expect....he has been very streaky this season. When he got injured, Chris was arguably our best hitter.

Is Betemit a better option to play 3B than Fields???

It's kind of tough to just stick Wilson out there in this weather when Josh has been playing nearly everyday.

Well...if you play as badly as Brent did yesterday and are the leadoff hitter the next day, there's just not much you can say. Let's just hope Nix is on the way soon.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 01:49 PM)
Why is it called the rubber game? What's the history behind that term?

dunno, I always figured it had something to do with bouncing back to win the final game when you split the first two. Bounce, rubber, thats all I got

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 01:51 PM)
Oh, so it has nothing to do with the massive orgy between the 2 teams right before the game where they're required to use condoms?

Well, that is meaning 1A

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 01:59 PM)
Has anyone ever looked as overmatched as Lillibridge? Guy looks like he'll never get a hit. Most pitchers in the NL look better at the plate.

If he must play, he should bat 9th. Leading off is the biggest joke I've ever seen.