Selena Roberts really hates ARod..

bkmoney

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4114292

New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez could return from a hip injury in as few as 10 days.

But he is already back in the headlines.

Rodriguez

Rodriguez

More details from Sports Illustrated writer Selena Roberts' book "A-Rod" were released Wednesday by the New York Daily News. The book alleges Rodriguez did not stop using steroids when he came to the Yankees and he might have been using as far back as high school, the Daily News reports.

Roberts broke the story that A-Rod failed a steroid test in 2003. Yankees teammates, Roberts writes, nicknamed Rodriguez "B---h T--s" in 2005 because he put on 15 pounds in the offseason which included round pectorals, a condition called gynecomastia that can be caused by anabolic steroids.

Roberts' book, which will be released May 12, also details Rodriguez's relationship with Dominican trainer Angel Presinal, who is banned from major league clubhouses.

Jose Canseco, a former teammate of Rodriguez, said in the book he believes Rodriguez has been using steroids since high school.

"Was he on steroids in high school?" Canseco said in the book, the Daily News reported. "I think probably so. I worked out with him when he was 18. He could lift almost as much as I could."

Rodriguez put on 25 pounds of muscle between his sophomore and junior years. Former high school teammates told Roberts that A-Rod was using steroids back then and his coach knew it -- an allegation the coach, Rich Hoffman, denied.

Other things alleged in Roberts' book, according to the Daily News:

• A-Rod "pitch tipped" when he played for the Rangers by letting opponents at the plate know which pitch was coming in lopsided games. A-Rod expected players he helped would reciprocate when he was having an off night and needed to get his batting average up.

• A-Rod's off-the-field antics including his poker habit; his divorce from his wife, Cynthia; his relationship with Madonna and his other affairs are detailed.

• A-Rod was hated at Hooters, where he tipped the minimum 15 percent.

Rodriguez hit in a simulated game for the second consecutive day on Wednesday, facing minor leaguer pitchers Christian Garcia and Kai Liu, a left-hander from China the Yankees signed two years ago.

Rodriguez slid five times on a sliding mat for the second time, ran the bases and took 112 swings in regular batting practice.

The Yankees said Rodriguez will play in an extended spring training intrasquad game Thursday in Tampa, Fla.

Dr. Marc Philippon watched the three-time AL MVP's on-field workout Wednesday at the Yankees minor league complex and said Rodriguez could return to the majors ahead of his May 15 target date.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

:lolhitting

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 09:29 AM)
For some reason, the pitch tipping to help the other team and his stats bothers me a lot. Seems like selling out your team, to me.

From everything we have learned about A-Rod in the past year, does this really surprise you? The Roids were definitely for stat padding, I have no doubt that ARod would be happier with a record than he would a world series ring

• A-Rod "pitch tipped" when he played for the Rangers by letting opponents at the plate know which pitch was coming in lopsided games. A-Rod expected players he helped would reciprocate when he was having an off night and needed to get his batting average up.

Buehrle was right!

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 08:33 AM)
From everything we have learned about A-Rod in the past year, does this really surprise you? The Roids were definitely for stat padding, I have no doubt that ARod would be happier with a record than he would a world series ring

Agreed.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 09:33 AM)

Surprise? Not much. Just saying it bothers me, a lot.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 09:49 AM)
Buehrle said he suspected something was up, and it looks like he may be right.

He suspected someone was signalling the Texas hitters generally. So either A-Rod played for the Sox and we didn't know it, or people on the Sox were selling out Buehrle to multiple Texas hitters. Not likely, and not what MB was talking about.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 11:00 AM)
He suspected someone was signalling the Texas hitters generally. So either A-Rod played for the Sox and we didn't know it, or people on the Sox were selling out Buehrle to multiple Texas hitters. Not likely, and not what MB was talking about.

I see what you're saying. What I am saying is where there is smoke there is fire.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 10:42 AM)
If this pitch-tip thing is true, then there's no way A-Rod can come back from this. He'll have to be run out of the game by Selig.

Selig won't run him out. But, his teammates are now going to be pissed, especially his former Texas ones. In fact, if he faces any former Texas pitching teammate, I'd be he gets drilled.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 10:45 AM)
Selig won't run him out. But, his teammates are now going to be pissed, especially his former Texas ones. In fact, if he faces any former Texas pitching teammate, I'd be he gets drilled.

vicente padilla, consider it done

IIRC, in the last ARod thread, a few of the folks were saying "why did he need to use steroids, he was already a ridiculous athlete coming out of high school" to which I replied something along the lines of "How do you know he wasn't already doping in high school"?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 11:15 AM)
IIRC, in the last ARod thread, a few of the folks were saying "why did he need to use steroids, he was already a ridiculous athlete coming out of high school" to which I replied something along the lines of "How do you know he wasn't already doping in high school"?

Well duh, he was only eating chicken and vegetables

If this pitch-tip thing is true, then there's no way A-Rod can come back from this. He'll have to be run out of the game by Selig.

Lol.. there are other players in the game that do that as well. Hell, it happens everywhere. (when I was playing in high school) Isn't as big as you would think, baseball is full of cheating actually.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 02:25 PM)
Lol.. there are other players in the game that do that as well. Hell, it happens everywhere. (when I was playing in high school) Isn't as big as you would think, baseball is full of cheating actually.

No one is surprised at cheating. What we are surprised at is a major league player cheating to help THE OTHER TEAM.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 03:17 PM)
Damn I just reread that article. That is f***ed up. I stand corrected.

Yeah thats not your typical cheating. In fact, that kind of cheating is straight up ridiculous, if that could ever be proven he should be suspended. Mr Selig loves to to talk about the integrity of the game and such.....

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ May 2, 2009 -> 05:57 AM)
I think everything in that is greatly over-exagerated. I dont even know how some of that info would be available for someone to know.

From what I can tell, A-Rod was a bit of a talker. He never took control of his life, but always sought out other people to guide him. Unfortunately, that means a lot of people know a lot of things about him.