THE Chicago White Sox vs Texas Rangers

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright I'm going to take a stab at the lineup. This is only a GUESS, not the actually lineup.

Podsednik - RF

Fields - 3B

Quentin - LF

Thome - DH

Konerko - 1B

Miller - C

Ramirez - SS

Nix - 2B

Lillibridge - CF

If he decides to bench Thome (lefty on the mound, Jim's coming off an injury) just swap him out for Betemit and move Konerko up a spot.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 3, 2009 -> 10:50 AM)
Ack!

Another guy with a 7+ ERA who could "own" the Sox hitters.

Quentin, Thome and Ramirez (the only Sox hitters who have faced previously faced him sans Dye) are a combined 4 for 6 against him with 3 RBI, HR (CQ) and 2 2B (JT)

Big Jim had better be in the lineup, he's been mashing the ball in this series and he's gotten to this kid before.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 3, 2009 -> 09:26 AM)
Quentin, Thome and Ramirez (the only Sox hitters who have faced previously faced him sans Dye) are a combined 4 for 6 against him with 3 RBI, HR (CQ) and 2 2B (JT)

Big Jim had better be in the lineup, he's been mashing the ball in this series and he's gotten to this kid before.

i don't know if it's backed up statistically, but he seems to be having better at bats against lefties this season.

side note: david wells is in the booth right now on the TBS broadcast of the rays/red sox. He's actually very good.

Sweet, Pods is in RF, and Corky Miller is hitting 6th for the first time since Little League:

Nix 2B

Fields 3B

Quentin LF

Konerko DH

Betemit 1B

Miller C

Podsednik RF

Ramirez SS

Lillibridge CF

I hope Danks has his best stuff tonight.

QUOTE (SoxPride56 @ May 3, 2009 -> 03:43 PM)
Lineup

Nix 2B

Fields 3B

Quentin LF

Konerko DH

Betemit 1B

Miller C

Podsednik RF

Ramirez SS

Lillibridge CF

Danks P

That "reply with quote" is a hell of a hitter.

QUOTE (SoxPride56 @ May 3, 2009 -> 01:43 PM)
Lineup

Nix 2B

Fields 3B

Quentin LF

Konerko DH

Betemit 1B

Miller C

Podsednik RF

Ramirez SS

Lillibridge CF

Danks P

This could be one of the weakest line-ups an American League team has posted in non-garbage time in many years. Suddenly, Juan Uribe as a leadoff hitter isn't so laughable.

Edited by Dick Allen

I hate Ozzie Guillen so much. His handling of Getz is going to drive this board crazy, and to not play Thome against a LHP he's handled well is just stupid! I can't believe Lillibridge continues to find a way into the lineup. Just trade Jenks now.

Quite possibly 4 non-big league quality hitters in that lineup with Alexei doing his best impression of one thus far this season making it 5.

Thome being out of the lineup is just sad, we don't deserve to win this one.

Good luck Danksy, might have to pitch a shutout.

Any chance we can get a rain out tonight? KW desperately has to demote Lillibridge and get another righty outfielder up with the big league squad. Realistically, that should be the easiest thing to find in the minors.

The sad part about this lineup for me...

It's a national television game.

At least make it look like we're trying to win.

I'm just thankful Ozzie isn't leading Lillibridge off tonight.

Saves us the humiliation of explaining to the baseball world why we're letting a guy with a .143 average get more at-bats per game than anybody else.

QUOTE (scenario @ May 3, 2009 -> 01:58 PM)
The sad part about this lineup for me...

It's a national television game.

At least make it look like we're trying to win.

I'm just thankful Ozzie isn't leading Lillibridge off tonight.

Saves us the humiliation of explaining to the baseball world why we're letting a guy with a .143 average get more at-bats per game than anybody else.

Jayson Nix is a career .125/.234/.161/.395 big league hitter (65 PA) who was released out right by the Rockies and possesses none of the qualities you look for in a leadoff hitter. At least Brent LillyBridge is fast. This could be a very embarrassing night for the fanbase.

This game should pull in horrible ratings for ESPN, honestly the only reason for me to watch this game (aside from my overwhelming love for the team) is Danks and Quentin. I imagine a lot of the less nutty Sox fans will take a pass on this one.

Sox hitters in 2009:

vs LHP as RHB: .237/.375/.373/.748 in 145 PA

vs LHP as LHB: .400/.450/.629/1.079 in only 41 PA

Just remember: ALWAYS play the match up.

There isn't a left hand hitter alive who can handle a lefty starter. I wonder what Ozzie would do if he had a young Adrian Gonzalez or Chase Utley.