THE Chicago White Sox vs Texas Rangers

Ozzie is such an idiot. What a micromanager. And I knew his dumb ass would still put Pods in RF rather than a guy who has basically played the position (and was known for good D in RF) his whole life, up until last year, in Quentin.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 3, 2009 -> 07:26 PM)
Sox hitters in 2009:

vs LHP as RHB: .237/.375/.373/.748 in 145 PA

vs LHP as LHB: .400/.450/.629/1.079 in only 41 PA

Just remember: ALWAYS play the match up.

There isn't a left hand hitter alive who can handle a lefty starter. I wonder what Ozzie would do if he had a young Adrian Gonzalez or Chase Utley.

Yet he pitches to Blalock with the open base last night!!

Chris Getz is hitting .400/.432/.525/.957 over his last 44 PA dating back to the first game of the Tampa series. He has a 5 game hitting streak going, a hit in 8 out of his last 9 games, multiple hits in 7 of them, has reached base safely in his last 11 games and has gone 33 PA without a strikeout (leading off the game vs Matt Garza).

Obviously Lillibridge is in CF, its not the Lillibridge/Getz platoon Ozzie had in mind. But when BA comes back and JD can play maybe Ozzie should look at these numbers vs. LHP and perhaps he will get over his Brent Lillibridge mancrush:

Gets is 4-8 with a double and a triple

Lillibridge is 1-12 against LHP this year and 6-35 last season. That's 7-47.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ May 3, 2009 -> 06:14 PM)
Does Graffanino have anything left in the tank? I kinda want to see him be the backup middle infielder over Lillibridge.

Nix can be backup MI. He can play SS in a pinch.

What they need is a short term backup OF who can play CF.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 3, 2009 -> 04:28 PM)
PEDs aside, I'd take Ankiel in a heartbeat.

St Louis isn't playing him that much.

He has the 4th most PA of any player in the lineup, he has more PA than Ryan Ludwick. When you have to find ABs for Ludwick, Ankiel, Duncan, Pujols and Rasmus the guy who gets off to the slow start is gonna have to sit a little.

He's available but not cheap and in a contract year. Then there's the obvious HGH fueled Gorilla in the room.

So wait a second, Scott Podsednik can play right field and hit against a lefty yet Getz can't play because he is a lefty. Oh yeah, the Dusty Bake school of handling rookies. I can't wait for beckham to come up so he can get seated against those tough righties. Pathetic.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 3, 2009 -> 05:39 PM)
He has the 4th most PA of any player in the lineup, he has more PA than Ryan Ludwick. When you have to find ABs for Ludwick, Ankiel, Duncan, Pujols and Rasmus the guy who gets off to the slow start is gonna have to sit a little.

He's available but not cheap and in a contract year. Then there's the obvious HGH fueled Gorilla in the room.

Jenks for Rasmus still tickles me...

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 3, 2009 -> 04:42 PM)
Jenks for Rasmus still tickles me...

I know it sounds good in theory but Rasmus isn't going anywhere. Rick Ankiel is obviously the odd man out in that outfield and the Cardinals are absolutely in love with Rasmus (for obvious reasons). By this time next year Colby Rasmus will have 5 times the value of Bobby Jenks, right now it's probably only 2X or 3X. Closers just don't have that kind of value and Rasmus is special.

It's a crazy pipe dream that any Cardinals fan would scoff at.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 3, 2009 -> 05:48 PM)
I know it sounds good in theory but Rasmus isn't going anywhere. Rick Ankiel is obviously the odd man out in that outfield and the Cardinals are absolutely in love with Rasmus (for obvious reasons). By this time next year Colby Rasmus will have 5 times the value of Bobby Jenks, right now it's probably only 2X or 3X. Closers just don't have that kind of value and Rasmus is special.

It's a crazy pipe dream that any Cardinals fan would scoff at.

It was also more viable before Chris Perez started to figure it out, but i'd agree that it's gotten more and more unrealistic as the year goes on.