5/4 CHW @ KC, 7:10 CT, CSN

I hate this team. It sucks. It's injured. It can't hit. It wastes good pitching performances. We have the second worst offense in the AL. Carlos Quentin is trying too hard. We don't move runners even when we get them on. Brent Lillibridge can't hit. My God, this team is a waste of energy right now.

Edited by chw42

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 4, 2009 -> 07:34 PM)
At least Nix got another hit.

Why didn't Ozzie at least bunt with Pods in the 8th? He's probably the only one on the team who can do it well. WHAT HAPPENED TO SMALL BALL WHEN YOU SHOULD USE IT? I was telling my friend, who I was b****ing to, that we need to bunt here. I don't care if we would only get two runs on a single, I want a freaking bunt. Turns out the bunt would have been more useful than Pods swinging away...

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ May 4, 2009 -> 07:36 PM)
Hopefully if this keeps up all year KW will break up this home run or nothing softball team.....

Or maybe we should just move the fences back some and that'll end it for good.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ May 5, 2009 -> 01:36 AM)
Hopefully if this keeps up all year KW will break up this home run or nothing softball team.....

Yeah, so we can get more players who are fast with little hitting ability!! That's especially useful in the summer at the Cell.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 5, 2009 -> 01:35 AM)
Why didn't Ozzie at least bunt with Pods in the 8th? He's probably the only one on the team who can do it well. WHAT HAPPENED TO SMALL BALL WHEN YOU SHOULD USE IT? I was telling my friend, who I was b****ing to, that we need to bunt here. I don't care if we would only get two runs on a single, I want a freaking bunt. Turns out the bunt would have been more useful than Pods swinging away...

Why in the hell would you bunt with 2 on when you're down 3 against CY Greinke? That's a good way to get fired.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2009 -> 08:38 PM)
Why in the hell would you bunt with 2 on when you're down 3 against CY Greinke? That's a good way to get fired.

I'll give that one an America, f*** Yeah. Why the hell would anyone think that's a good idea?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2009 -> 07:37 PM)
Yeah, so we can get more players who are fast with little hitting ability!! That's especially useful in the summer at the Cell.

Why is it always all or nothing? Whenever somebody says they don't like this team because it's inconsistent and full of power hitting macho men, the counter argument is always that if we ditch that, we would be a team full of Scott Podsedniks and Juan Pierres. When did anybody ever say that we should start being a team of frail, skinny, base stealers rather than a team of all or nothing home run hitters? You look for balance. You look for guys who can hit for power and also hit well when the situation arises. Not guys who swing for the fences every time they get a chance to. That's what we are right now. We either hit the s*** out of the ball or we don't hit it at all. We don't move runners over when we can and we can't hit well with RISP. WE could have scored three runs tonight had we known how to move runners along. Unfortunately, we can't even do that. I'll give the team the benefit of the doubt since it's injured and we have to stick Brent Lillibridge out there every night, but tonight was embarrassing. Last night was embarrassing, especially on national TV. Ozzie will have to start ranting sometime about how we have one of the worst offenses in the AL while we have some of the best power hitters in the league.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2009 -> 07:38 PM)

Because I'd rather score a run than none. There's also the possibility of Podsednik beating out a bunt. Granted, he was 2-2 before that point and swinging away wouldn't have been the worst idea. There was another instance today when Pods lead off with a double and Lillibridge then struck out. Hello Ozzie? Bunt? Lillibridge can't hit for his life and you have him swinging the bat? Ugh...

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 5, 2009 -> 01:45 AM)
Because I'd rather score a run than none. There's also the possibility of Podsednik beating out a bunt. Granted, he was 2-2 before that point and swinging away wouldn't have been the worst idea. There was another instance today when Pods lead off with a double and Lillibridge then struck out. Hello Ozzie? Bunt? Lillibridge can't hit for his life and you have him swinging the bat? Ugh...

With how good Greinke was pitching, you have no idea if you'll get another chance to put up a crooked number. You never, ever give up the first out when you're trailing by more than 2.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2009 -> 07:50 PM)
With how good Greinke was pitching, you have no idea if you'll get another chance to put up a crooked number. You never, ever give up the first out when you're trailing by more than 2.

We needed 3 runs. 3. If we had done the little things this game well, we wouldn't be arguing about whether or not Podsednik should have bunted. There was one situation earlier in the game where a bunt could have yielded a run. I'd take my chances of getting a bunt down and then getting Podsednik in on a grounder than trying to hit off of Zack Greinke, who faced 31 batters and only allowed 6 hits. 6/31 is a percentage of 19.4. There was a 19.4% chance of getting a hit off of him today and Ozzie had Lillibridge swing away with nobody out and Podsednik at second base, knowing he has a hard time making contact? I thought Ozzie loved small ball...

Then it's a no brainer whether or not Pods should have bunted in the 8th because it could have been a 3-1 game instead of a 3-0 game. And there goes your rule about how you should not give up an out if you're down more than 2.