5/5 Game Thread ➔ Sox @ Royals

Heads22

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2009 -> 04:57 PM)
Oh Alexei, still struggling to do anything that helps the team win. Kalapse, where's the breakdown on opposite field hits for Alexei this year compared to last year?

2009:

left: 37%

center: 51%

right: 12%

2008:

left: 34%

center: 53%

right: 13%

The data is iffy, I believe left and right center both count towards center so it's not telling you much. The HR data is much more precise.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see Josh! When going over any potential 3 year plan for the White Sox, our organization would be in such a better position if Fields can be a suitable starting 3rd baseman. Then, you don't even have to consider moving Beckham to a position where his power is negated.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 5, 2009 -> 05:15 PM)
Are lineup sure looks different with our starting 3B and RF in it, doesn't it? Screw that! EVERYBODY PANIC!!!!!!!

I guess it's amazing what a day's rest can do.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ May 5, 2009 -> 06:18 PM)
Yeah, f*** having 2 RISP with 1 out.

We live and die by hitting the s*** out of the ball. Alexei can hit the homer, we're not going to sacrifice that by... sacrificing in the first couple innings.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 5, 2009 -> 05:20 PM)
We live and die by hitting the s*** out of the ball. Alexei can hit the homer, we're not going to sacrifice that by... sacrificing in the first couple innings.

there's a certain flaw in your logic...

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 5, 2009 -> 05:20 PM)

I would have had him bunt especially with the way Alexei is swinging it right now. Podsednik isn't trying to draw walks right now so he's been a pretty good contact hitter, a seeing eye single and an early 2 run lead would have to feel good for this slumping offense.

Manager Ozzie Guillen wasn't as adamant when Pedro Martinez's name came up for a possible Plan B if Jose Contreras continued to struggle, but the answer was still the same.

"Pedro Martinez was mentioned in spring training, but just because a couple of his friends called me, and my job is to give Kenny the information,'' Guillen said on Tuesday. "But that's it, no, Pedro, no, not right now. I don't know if we're going to because that's Kenny's decision, but right now that's not on my mind.''

from cowely and o ya kenny said one word of getting bonds and not suprised it was no

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 5, 2009 -> 06:21 PM)
there's a certain flaw in your logic...

Alexei could hit the homer, prior to this year, prior to sucking. Better? Look we can do this sacrificing arguement all day, i have an irrational hatred of the sacrifice bunt, especially in the AL, we'll leave it at that. I operate under the Earl Weaver rules of baseball, and this White Sox team seems succeeds by doing that as well.