Game Thread: MIN @ CWS, 7:11pm - CSN

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 19, 2009 -> 01:12 PM)
if the offense fails to show up again, things could get ugly tonight with the fans booing the s*** out of the players... but we seem to play well when Buehrle's in the bump, so there's hope.

I've been booing all day at work already. Co-workers looking at me like I'm crazy.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 19, 2009 -> 07:12 PM)
if the offense fails to show up again, things could get ugly tonight with the fans booing the s*** out of the players... but we seem to play well when Buehrle's in the bump, so there's hope.

Last time the offense didn't show up nor has it for a number of games. But, I want to be positive. If Buerhle is on tonight even a couple runs will be enough. Go MB! :gosoxretro:

Edited by elrockinMT

Great night for baseball...the Cell is heating up...wind is blowing (out, hopefully)...the slap-hitting Twins are in town...our best pitcher is on the mound...Crede's "back" to normal...

Time to get out the grill and FRY UP SOME TWINKIES!!!

GO SOX!!!

QUOTE (elgonzo4sox @ May 19, 2009 -> 02:25 PM)
Great night for baseball...the Cell is heating up...wind is blowing (out, hopefully)...the slap-hitting Twins are in town...our best pitcher is on the mound...Crede's "back" to normal...

Time to get out the grill and FRY UP SOME TWINKIES!!!

GO SOX!!!

Winds out of SSW, means blowing more or less in from RF, maybe at best a little help for balls hit to the LF corner.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 19, 2009 -> 02:37 PM)
Podsednik lf

Fields 3b

Dye rf

Thome dh

Konerko 1b

Pierzynski c

Anderson cf

Ramirez ss

Getz 2b

I really wish they'd keep Getz leading off. He's likely to go back up, where as Pods is likely to head back down, in terms of performance.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 19, 2009 -> 12:43 PM)
I really wish they'd keep Getz leading off. He's likely to go back up, where as Pods is likely to head back down, in terms of performance.

This should take a lot of pressure of Getz though and allow him to actually develop. In fact, I love this move and I think the Sox should hold him down there two or three weeks, no matter how bad Pods is doing.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 19, 2009 -> 02:55 PM)
This should take a lot of pressure of Getz though and allow him to actually develop. In fact, I love this move and I think the Sox should hold him down there two or three weeks, no matter how bad Pods is doing.

Interesting. I don't agree, I think he's already gotten into the major league swing, he's just in a slump. It happens. Now, if we had some leadoff guy who we knew would get on base at a high rate to put up there, then great. But Pods is no longer that guy. So I don't think it benefits anyone. But that's just my view. I was never in favor of "protecting" Getz this season, then or now.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 19, 2009 -> 03:38 PM)
Really, Fields in the 2nd spot again? Why not give that spot to Alexei to see if that can get him going.

Haven’t you heard? Hitting Alexei second or having him play center would stunt his development and/or cause the world to implode. Silly man.