5/20 Game Thread: MIN @ CWS, 7:11pm WCIU

Wow, we... won yesterday. Won a game. In front of the home crowd. Hit some home runs even. Weird.

I enjoyed this thing they called a "White Sox Winner". Let's do it again.

The battle of two pitchers whose season numbers are not nearly what their abilities seem to indicate they can do. Who snaps out of it first?

Maybe John will go first with the home crowd behind him, cheering...

GO YOU WHITE SOX!!!

:gosox1:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shipps @ May 20, 2009 -> 09:06 AM)
go team go

hooray team

the journey is where the fun is not the destination.

Im sorry, but the drive to Florida sucks and Disneyworld rulz!!!111!!!!

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 20, 2009 -> 04:31 PM)
Were playing against a tough lefty so it makes more sense for Getz to sit and Fields to play.

Gotcha.

Fields was looking really bad last night, but what that said I'm picking him as my PTC. :gosox2:

I had tickets for tonight, but unfortunately had to drop out due to a sink problem that the Mrs. won't get off my back about... And by sink I mean toilet and by problem, I mean it shattered over the weekend and the landlord is just now showing up with a replacement, but hey, that's Bridgeport politics for ya.

Anyways, I can definetly see Danks rolling on all cylinders tonight, the kid is a great talent and he is gonig to be helping this team for year's to come. I'm expecting a laugher, I say Danks hold them under 5 hits.

Prediction:

Sox - 9

Twins - 0

With the weather this warm, the Twins should be happy to just hold our boys under double digits. That is a whole team of guys that just can't wait to get out of town. I mean, there's nothing left for them to do in the city except get their brains beat in.

QUOTE (hogan873 @ May 20, 2009 -> 06:30 PM)
Is it just me or is Corky getting more starts than last year's dumpy 44-numbered back-up catcher?

No, not at all. If anything he's lagging behind Hall's pace from last year.

Miller: 9 starts through 39 games = 23.1% (37 starts over a full season)

Hall: 36 starts in 163 games = 22.1% (9th start came in game 36)

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 20, 2009 -> 06:34 PM)
No, not at all.

Miller: 9 starts through 39 games = 23.1% (37 starts over a full season)

Hall: 36 starts in 163 games = 22.1%

Thanks. Maybe I'm just paying more attention this year.

Pregame show:

Ozzie says if Fields continues to struggle, he is "next" to be benched.

Kenny says: Players need to play to win, don't care about stats, Fields needs to go back to the things he was doing in ST, and at the beginning of the season. At the end Kenny gets frustrated says it's to early to be benching him and it's to early to be sitting here explaining all this.

With Lilli gone there's no way the Sox can lose tonight. I sure hope Danks.. and the offense shows up tonight, I HATE losing to the Twins, plus I'm facing Liriano in a fantasy league.