Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead

rokimar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 21, 2009 -> 08:49 AM)
I actually think that's fair. Giles is just now starting to hit, and his numbers will experience some severe inflation in the Cell. Best case scenario for Poreda and Richard's combined numbers could be Peavy, and Getz remains something of an enigma.

AND Dye? That would be redonkulous.

The update from WSCR is that the only pitcher on the 25 man roster in this deal is Clayton Richard. Also Aaron Poreda is in the deal, the other two are not known for sure and they didn't speculate. No more mention of Giles/Dye like there was in the first hour. This is coming from Joe Cowley FWIW.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 21, 2009 -> 08:45 AM)
I'd have reservations with trading Beckham, Slayer, Allen, Flowers, Danks and Viciedo. And i'd really miss Poreda but we're talking Jake Peavy, here. This isn't SeaWorld, guys. This is as real as it gets.

Nobody else catch this?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 21, 2009 -> 08:52 AM)
The update from WSCR is that the only pitcher on the 25 man roster in this deal is Clayton Richard. Also Aaron Poreda is in the deal, the other two are not known for sure and they didn't speculate. No more mention of Giles/Dye like there was in the first hour. This is coming from Joe Cowley FWIW.

The name Poreda, Richard, Getz and Flowers have been floated around. I dont see Danks or Beckham being a PTBL in a deal like this for how much Peavy would cost us.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 21, 2009 -> 09:58 AM)
The name Poreda, Richard, Getz and Flowers have been floated around. I dont see Danks or Beckham being a PTBL in a deal like this for how much Peavy would cost us.

I have a hard time believing Flowers would be traded too. We have absolutely no other catching prospects and AJ is getting up there in age. The guy i'm most worried about being included is Brandon Allen

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 21, 2009 -> 09:01 AM)
Dude, there's no way this happens. He's already declined trades to the Yankees and Angels, why on Earth would he want to come here?

Maybe he likes our skyline better.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 21, 2009 -> 09:01 AM)
Dude, there's no way this happens. He's already declined trades to the Yankees and Angels, why on Earth would he want to come here?

I think he has to be at least thinking about it. If he was 100% against coming to the Sox, I'd assume trade talks would never get this far...He had to at least tell the Padres "maybe"