Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead

rokimar

This is to exciting not to have a thread.

Rummor Sox getting Peavy for Richards, Poreda, 2 players to be named later.

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx...x&tid=99890

Same person that broke Cabrera/ Garland trade.

Peavy scratched from next start.

Owner Padres going through divorce.... Peavy big contract with 3 years after this one

Sox shed lot of payroll next year.

Waiting on Peavy to waive no trade clause.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think this will happen, but if it does Poreda alone is better than any of the packages the Cubs were offering and Richards in that park would be solid for them.

Again, i just don't see this one going down, but I do see a big KW move coming soon, the dropping of payroll, an already improved farm system and 4 quality picks in this draft tell me KW won't sit around

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 20, 2009 -> 10:10 PM)
I had no idea about any of this until just now. Never bothered to look in the pure speculation thread. Too good to be true. Other than Beckham, anybody else is fair game.

I would also hope it wouldn't include Jordan Danks.

anyone else reporting this or is it just the link from the mlb message board?

I assume since traffic hasn't gone off the charts here it's just from the board.

Too bad this isn't happening in the day, it's hysterical to monitor the the Score and AM 1000 when they try to beat each other to confirming it as true or false. The wording is the most circulative stuff you'll hear.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 20, 2009 -> 11:26 PM)
This would be a pretty insane move, and would REALLY come out of the blue. We'd be taking on a good chunk of salary, but damn Peavy/Buehrle/Danks/Floyd/Colon is pretty damn solid.

Hey, I guess after landing Jay Cutler anything is possible. And imagine the absolute chaos that would ensue on the other side of town if this were to happen. I think it would cut deeper than the 2005 title.

It would be a real slap in the face if they traded Jordan Danks after he and John both ditched Boras for the sake of the Sox.

It would but I wouldn't rule it out. Remember KW told Gio to his face (and gave him his word) he wouldn't trade him again, then look what happened. It's a buisness. Don't wanna go too far on this speculation though. I'm a big Danks2 fan, he's really improving (cut down his K rate, taking walks, hitting solid shots etc.) But other than Slayer (which I'd really hate) and Flowers (sox brass are insanely high on him; also to note I doubt SD would want Allen since they have a 1B spect) everyone else is up. I'll be sad though if they break up the Dominion boys.

All in all... I highly doubt were getting Peavy. Anyone check out his home/road splits?

Peavy is good because he

1) Pitches in the NL

2) Pitches in the NL West

3) Pitches in Petco Park

Bring him here and his ERA is gonna be about a point higher. Is that worth his contract and our prospects?

12/12/07: Signed three-year, $52 million extension w/2013 club option and limited NTC. 2009: $8 million club option w/$500,000 buyout, 2010: $15 million, 2011: $16 million, 2012: $17 million, 2013: $22 million club option w/$4 million buyout, 2014: Free Agent