Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead

rokimar

There are about 4 pieces of relevant info being repeated and/or slightly updated in this thread. You've not missed much. This stuff is fun, though.

Some of the stuff many here (including myself) have said in like pages 1-5 is being repeated like pages 15-30. Unfortunitely I found out the hard way.

I think it's cool actually seeing this and kinda figured it would happen. Looks like some of you owe that dude who posted the deal on the main site some props. Many here were ripping him.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ May 21, 2009 -> 02:16 PM)
Not me. I argued at length for both him and Willy Taveras all offseason and ended up getting laughed at. Jackson showed serious signs of becoming a 2-3 starter last year.

Same here. I think we were the only ones who wanted Edwin Jackson. You can't teach stuff.

QUOTE (ChiSox420* @ May 21, 2009 -> 02:15 PM)
Problem with Koalas is they sleep about 20 hours per day and if you hold them they will pee on you but I do agree Kangaroos are very sinister looking up close

Never held one, just petted them. They're hilarious though. They just slink around with their eyes closed and will fall asleep as you're petting them. I was told that the reason they sleep so much is because the eucalyptus leaves the eat f*** them up, like they're drunk or high or something all day.

QUOTE (zenryan @ May 21, 2009 -> 02:19 PM)
I guess if there's ever a day to be down 10-0 to a division rival its today.

yeah more talk about Peavy than the game. A loss is a loss wheather it's by 1 or 10. It would've been awesome to get a sweep but 2 of 3 is alright with me.

QUOTE (ChiSox420* @ May 21, 2009 -> 02:20 PM)
Anyway we can include Betemit in the trade? Or just ship him as far away from 3B as possible?

We should include him in the deal that sends Broadway to San Diego, but only if this trade talk keeps up occupied for over 24 hours..

if it gets to 48, i'll drive them to San Diego myself.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ May 21, 2009 -> 02:20 PM)
Never held one, just petted them. They're hilarious though. They just slink around with their eyes closed and will fall asleep as you're petting them. I was told that the reason they sleep so much is because the eucalyptus leaves the eat f*** them up, like they're drunk or high or something all day.

I remember as a kid going to a zoo and a guy at the zoo talking about koalas. He said they sleep all day and only wake up to eat or have sex. What a life.

QUOTE (shipps @ May 21, 2009 -> 08:22 PM)
fathom would have a myocardial infarction

Are you kidding? I want him long gone. He can't play defense. Someone scouted him completely wrong, and he really should just be a PH in the NL.

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ May 21, 2009 -> 03:21 PM)
You can tell the Sox game is over when Hawk starts talking about hairpieces.

Pepitone (the guy who Hawk is talking about) gave the key note adress at a breakfast for a collegiate team i interned for. He's bizzare, but hilarious.