Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead

rokimar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 21, 2009 -> 03:23 PM)
I said it before, some of you should really eat crow for bashing the original poster on the main site about this deal earlier.

And I said it before, we need to get that guy on soxtalk.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 21, 2009 -> 03:23 PM)
I said it before, some of you should really eat crow for bashing the original poster on the main site about this deal earlier.

I'd definitely petition for that MLB forums poster to join soxtalk. He obviously has some inside connections.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 21, 2009 -> 03:21 PM)
In a player's eye, that sometimes doesn't matter. I seen players turn down a legit 1st place club for years just to stay with their teams for sometimes family, teammates, money or the city. Everybody is different. Not saying Jake would do that cause he has already stated that he loves Chicago and prefers the Cubs, but just to think he had to talk to Linebrink about the organization and specifically Ozzie had to persuade him originally.

It sounds like he loves the NL and Gammons reported he wasn't keen on going to NYY, Red Sox or LAA last year. Again, I see your point that money will be the big thing, which I 100% understand from his POV. He is just in the position where it may be the Sox or another AL team or stay with SD for awhile. Levine said the Cubs payroll is completely frozen until the deal is done, and then it's a question because nobody is sure how stable the new owner will be to add new payroll (I think he mentioned the 5% owner isn't in great $$ shape) and will Houston, LAD or STL want to pick up any part of that option?

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ May 21, 2009 -> 03:25 PM)
I'd definitely petition for MLB forums poster to join soxtalk. He obviously has some inside connections.

We should do like a football recruiting thing. Have him come here on a gameday visit, see how awesome the game day threads are, etc. Also, we have the best minor league coverage of all the sox sites.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ May 21, 2009 -> 03:25 PM)
I'd definitely petition for that MLB forums poster to join soxtalk. He obviously has some inside connections.

The MLB boards? Who on there is giving you all of this inside stuff anyways?

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 21, 2009 -> 03:30 PM)

Look at the first post of the thread.

The first guy who broke that news was also the first guy who broke the news about the Garland-Cabrera trade.

Either that guy has some connections, or he can travel through time.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 21, 2009 -> 03:30 PM)

Some guy on them posted the deal last night at like 9pm. Said just waiting on peavy. No other news outlet was reporting it.