Who do you root for tomorrow night?

dmbjeff

Who do you root for tomorrow?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Will you root for the Padres or Cubs?

• Padres
    • Cubs

I have never, not once, in my entire life ever rooted for the Cubs to win a game unless it was against an AL Central rival. Tomorrrow, I will indeed root for the Cubs. I hope Derrek Lee hits a line drive shot. I hope it hits Judas Peavy right in his nuts. I hope he needs testicle surgery. He needs it. His balls couldn't handle the AL or the White Sox. F him in his big mangina.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't make me hate the Cubs any less. I'm not mad at Peavy as much as some/most cause I expected him to do what he did, and I can respect his decision enough. Hopefully the Padres win.. though I can definitely see Peavy struggle alot (esp. mentally) from all the trade chaos.

Our team doesn't look that appealing right now. The fact that we can't score in a hitter's park isn't the best sales pitch. Looked like career suicide to him. It's not a personal attack on us from him, the offer just sucked to Peavy. We know we are a good team if everyone starts putting up numbers, but to the rest of America, we look like crap.

No hard feelings Peavy, sweep the cubs.

I couldn't see rooting for the Cubs just because Peavy is pitching for the Padres. It's not his fault that Sox nation got exciting and then let down. There was never an indication that he would accept the trade. As a matter of fact, most of the rumors and scuttlebut was that he would NOT accept the trade. I'll admit to being let down, but I don't blame Peavy. I suppose I really can't blame the media either. They were just reporting what they knew.

There was a post (or 30) in the Peavy trade thread that stated if nothing else this shows that the Sox are not laying down and are still thinking about winning this year. I agree with that. Whether the Peavy trade DOES happen at a later date or the Sox acquire Oswalt or whatever, I'm satisfied that this season is not over...yet. If we're in the same position a month from now, well that's a different story.

So, long story short (too late), I will not root for the Cubs tonight.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 22, 2009 -> 05:25 AM)
I'm actually rooting for Peavy to shutdown the Cubs, for the Sox to win convincingly, and for that to leading towards a bridge being rebuilt. I don't think this has been visited for the last time.

Yeah, I am on this train of thought. The comments from Kenny seemed to suggest the same.

It's too bad he decided not to come here but, I don't blame him. Had we guaranteed the final year $22 million he would be on his way right now. He and his agent are probably right in believing that some team (a la the Brewers) will pony up to guarantee that last year. My hope is that Kenny continues to be aggressive and that this is just the start. As for Padres v. Cubs - Go padres. I can't stand the Cubs.

I can't imagine anyone guaranteeing that last year. $22 million dollars for a pitcher in a pitchers park with a history of elbow problems? The only way I could see it if part of the money was deferred. And I don't see him taking that deal. Also, if that opt-out clause is real...he's leaving teams with no control...and I can't imagine any owner, in this economy, will take that deal.

As for the thread question...the Padres can go back to being a non-issue and the Cubs can go back to trying for 102 years. I could care less about this game.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ May 22, 2009 -> 09:00 AM)
Hating Peavy is just ridiculous.

Agreed. Can you really blame the Sox for not picking up that $22 mill option? Can you really blame Peavy for asking for it here in May? He has time on his side.

As long as Peavy isn't pitching for the Cubs in the next month, I'm not going to hold any hard feelings toward Peavy. Who knows--he may not find a better deal with anyone else, and he could still end up with the Sox.