Who do you root for tomorrow night?

dmbjeff

Who do you root for tomorrow?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Will you root for the Padres or Cubs?

• Padres
    • Cubs

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you ever root for the Cubs and why would you ever wish ill on another person over a baseball game? Jake Peavey didn't want to come to the southside and that's his loss and the Cubs are the Cubs so enough said there. Let's move on

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ May 22, 2009 -> 10:26 AM)
no its not....Padres fans should hate him more though...he's basically got a gun to their head

Since when are we all Padres fans here on Soxtalk? He didn't want to come to a bad team; so what? Why do you blame him for that and take it so personally?

I agree that Padres fans should be pretty sick of these shenanigans

If Peavy sees that the Cubs suck too, he won't go. The possibility of the Cubs getting him this year is slim to begin with though. I honestly don't care. Him sucking isn't going to make him feel any worse about not coming here. Some of you just need to get over it. Let the Cubs fans talk their s***, they don't know anything anyhow. Peavy at Wrigley isn't any better than Peavy at the Cell.

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ May 22, 2009 -> 10:37 AM)
can we stop talking about Peavy going to the Cubs.....THEIR PAYROLL IS ON LOCKDOWN UNTIL THE TEAM IS SOLD = NOT GONNA HAPPEN

That won't happen because it's going to be in the papers for like he next week.

I don't understand why everyone is so mad at Peavy. Why do players always want NTC in their contract? Because they are saying that they like where they are and don't want to get put somewhere they don't want to be. Peavy is not an idiot, he knows how much harder it is to succeed as a pitcher outside of Petco and even more so outside of the NL. So if you were in his spot, why would you say yes to the trade when you know that eventually you'll get an opportunity to go to an easier NL team anyways? His decision will make millions of dollars in difference because at the end of his contract, teams will certainly lay down a lot more money for a guy who's consistently getting an ERA below 3.3 than a guy who is getting an ERA above 3.8. You can call him selfish for wanting more money, but for all you know he may only keep 5% of his salary and donate the rest to AIDs orphans in Africa.

And who cares if the Pads are mad for him staying, they are the ones that signed him for that contract and allowed the NTC, so why should they be mad at him for wanting to stick with the original agreement?

In the end Jake Peavy, the White Sox, and the African AIDs orphans are better off this way.

f*** the Cubs and their fans. I hope they get lit up and swept again. They all had their tickets punched for October and now they are realizing that they may just have to actually play the games to earn the right to October.

I hold no ill will toward Peavy for this move. He earned the NTC and exercised it. So we move on. At least K.W. is looking to improve the team and not just sitting on his ass.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 22, 2009 -> 10:25 AM)
I'm actually rooting for Peavy to shutdown the Cubs, for the Sox to win convincingly, and for that to leading towards a bridge being rebuilt. I don't think this has been visited for the last time.

^this.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ May 22, 2009 -> 07:22 PM)
Do you guys or some of you guys, think maybe Williams/JR going after peavy was a desperation move?

Going after Peavy strikes me as classic KW. Striking early, going after the biggest name on the market.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 22, 2009 -> 11:43 PM)
OK, Peavy's about to finish his 6th scoreless inning. Now...someone hit the ball off of him.

It seems like once we started to talk about Penguin's the trade went down the hill, we have no change but to do this thing. I'll start: Penguins? Do they have teeth? I imagine tiny Penguin teeth would be scary.