Sox vs Pirates, 5/22/09, 7:11 PM

Chisoxfn

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ May 22, 2009 -> 09:13 PM)
Q is at DH today.

Good to see him back. BTW, not a lot of talk about Quentin's injury on here yesterday. If the Sox fall 12-15 games out of it by July, it might be wise to shut him down for an extended period.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 22, 2009 -> 03:21 PM)
Good to see him back. BTW, not a lot of talk about Quentin's injury on here yesterday. If the Sox fall 12-15 games out of it by July, it might be wise to shut him down for an extended period.

Always a good idea with long term heel pain. You can adjust the shoes and use anti-inflammatories all you want but rest is the only thing that will truly get it healed.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (ptatc @ May 22, 2009 -> 09:24 PM)
Always a good idea with long term heel pain. You can adjust the shoes and use anti-inflammatories all you want but rest is the only thing that willturly get it healed.

You saw it was plantar fascitis, right?

Going to the game tonight...I've seen Quentin play 5 times, and he's homered each time. Sox are 1-0 with Gavin on the mound when I've been there, so hopefully they make it 2 and 0. This feels like a big game, as we need to get some momentum going this series or we could be looking at a road trip that could push us into a double digit deficit behind the Tigers.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 22, 2009 -> 03:25 PM)
You saw it was plantar fascitis, right?

Yes, and the same concept applies. The plantar fascia originates from the anterior part of the heel. Heel pain and plantar fasciitis go together 80% of the time. In fact with many cases of plantar fasciitis the only pain they have is at the origin at the heel. Same goes for heel spurs which can be the etiology of the plantar fasciitis.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (tommy @ May 22, 2009 -> 05:11 PM)
For anyone that cares and doesn't visit the FutureSox forum (you should because its awesome)

Beckham is playing 3B tonight in the first game of Birmingham's double header.

Hmm thoughts of Beckham replacing Fields perhaps?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 22, 2009 -> 08:27 PM)
Going to the game tonight...I've seen Quentin play 5 times, and he's homered each time. Sox are 1-0 with Gavin on the mound when I've been there, so hopefully they make it 2 and 0. This feels like a big game, as we need to get some momentum going this series or we could be looking at a road trip that could push us into a double digit deficit behind the Tigers.

Alright Fathom this is all on your shoulders now