Sox vs Pirates, 5/22/09, 7:11 PM

Chisoxfn

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love the NL so far. Extremely boring game to be at, but no Sox win is a waste! Gavin was excellent, as the Pirates were looking silly on his curve. Alexei continues to put good swings on the ball, while Quentin looks absolutely lost. CQ, my buddy....right field isn't an automatic out. Pods also has a much better swing now with his little foot adjustment, but he needs to just stay on the base and not continue to be an easy out on the bases.

Floyd was outstanding. I have no idea why Pittsburgh didn't play the infield in with Pods up when they scored the first run. He rarely hits the ball very hard and doesn't drive in runs. We take that one. Ramirez looked good too. The guy across the aisle scream at Josh Fields after he struck out and told him he sucked. His girlfriend scolded him. His response? "He does suck."

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 22, 2009 -> 11:04 PM)
Floyd was outstanding. I have no idea why Pittsburgh didn't play the infield in with Pods up when they scored the first run. He rarely hits the ball very hard and doesn't drive in runs. We take that one. Ramirez looked good too. The guy across the aisle scream at Josh Fields after he struck out and told him he sucked. His girlfriend scolded him. His response? "He does suck."

Ramirez likely scores on that weakly hit grounder anyway.

Good win. Hopefully Floyd will build off this performance.

Unfortunately Detroit is red hot and we can't afford to play s***ty baseball any more. If we drop to 10 back in the next week or so, it's OVA.