Game Thread: Pit @ CWS at 1:05 CDT on CSN

shipps

QUOTE (fathom @ May 24, 2009 -> 12:45 PM)
I wonder if Fields will be on a plane going west or going east after today's game.

They'll probably give him a reprise and take him west. He HAS to be on a short leash though. My god he's awful right now...

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Wanne @ May 24, 2009 -> 06:47 PM)
They'll probably give him a reprise and take him west. He HAS to be on a short leash though. My god he's awful

I was his biggest supporter, but I think he's a few days away from seeing his Sox career come to a close.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (tommy @ May 24, 2009 -> 01:55 PM)
I don't think the organization will give up on Josh that easily.

exactly. how many years has BA had? how many chances did Owens get? There's no WAY this bad streak is the end of Josh Fields with the Sox... come on.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 24, 2009 -> 01:54 PM)
2 pitches, 2 outs for Thome against Karstens. Everyone besides CQ and Anderson has had poor ABs so far.

You know, we can make excuses for pitchers, however terrible their records/stuff may be, if they're locating -- but Karsten has been TERRIBLE. It's like Kirk Sarloos out there with the amount of hanging breaking balls thrown that we seemingly can't hit.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ May 24, 2009 -> 02:00 PM)
You know, we can make excuses for pitchers, however terrible their records/stuff may be, if they're locating -- but Karsten has been TERRIBLE. It's like Kirk Sarloos out there with the amount of hanging breaking balls thrown that we seemingly can't hit.

why are you surprised. i am SO sick of these bulls*** uppercut swings at everything.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ May 24, 2009 -> 08:00 PM)

If we swing this way in Anaheim, we will look like how the Pirates have.

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 24, 2009 -> 02:01 PM)
why are you surprised. i am SO sick of these bulls*** uppercut swings at everything.

I shouldn't be surprised, but today is a pitcher there is absolutely no excuse for not hitting. None. Bad location, bad stuff (fastball consistently in Broadway territory) and its almost as if he's begging us to hit the ball by rolling it up there.

Like right there, he threw a hanging 77 mph breaking ball up in the zone and Getz couldnt do anything. That's embarrassing. It doesn't even feel like we're winning.